Coping Questions

readyami

Hello...I am wondering if it is possible to add coping (such as flagstone or other) after a fiberglass pool has been installed and a concrete deck poured). In other words, are you able to go back later (more than one year) and add coping if you leave the fiberglass exposed upon installation? Thank you in advance for your input.

Great, both great responses. Thank you so much. The budget (which was enlarged to include a larger pool than originally planned) will not cover coping at the present, so it is great to learn this. I like flagstone, but I also like the picture of the concrete. I have probably looked at 6000 pool pics and have never seen that look before...but I like it. Don, I have a friend with stones around their pool and they are flush with the concrete...and it just looks...weird. So, I like what you said.

Had trees cut yesterday to prepare for my install, which should start October 6! Counting down the days.

• 5 months later...

Can anyone help me? My brick coping around my fiberglass pool is popping off and cracking. we want to replace the bad parts especially around the curves and steps is the worst. Any suggestions? What is the best adhesive. We have wire mesh attached to the fiberglass and that didn't seem to help. Someone said something about an epoxy maybe.