What Is Your Preference For Seat Layout?

spa_newb

One big difference I notice in many spa models the setup includes a lounge chair, and the other half of the tub has traditional bucket type seats:

sovereign_Spa.jpg

whereas others have the bucket seats all the way around:

chelsee-over.jpg

Which setup do you guys prefer?

Personally I want to be able to comfortably seat 4 adults without necessarily being on top of one another, so I think I am going to lean towards the latter.

Personally I want to be able to comfortably seat 4 adults without necessarily being on top of one another, so I think I am going to lean towards the latter.

Every spa maker has models with both a lounge and models without a lounge so you should have multiple spas to choose from at each dealer. If space is a big issue for you I would skip the lounge (as I did for that very reason).

Seat configuration is one of the things that sold me on the Marquis Epic.

gallery_285_file1_07Epic_overhead.jpg

I wanted the lounge, but the Epic was the only tub I wet tested that had what I like to call "two primary seats". Sort of like a his and her's as both seats face straight. I can easily get 4 adults into the Epic, and could go as high as six without much of an issue.

Epic is $$$$$ though, but if you want a lounge and want to be able to still seat a lot of adults this is a good choice..

He probably means some tubs have more "bench seating" where two adults can sit side by side next to each other without anything in between.

The Epic has more "definied" seating and some people may like that, some wont. I don't think the Epic has as defined seating as say the Sundance Maxxus. But it's definitely not bench seating.

He probably means some tubs have more "bench seating" where two adults can sit side by side next to each other without anything in between.

The Epic has more "definied" seating and some people may like that, some wont. I don't think the Epic has as defined seating as say the Sundance Maxxus. But it's definitely not bench seating.

Open seating is where two people can sit next to each other and also where I can slide around as I choose where to sit. I can sit in a corner seat and then swivel my legs and lie on the bench and can I sit anywhere...

The Epic is a popular spa but it has very defined seating. I am not knocking it in any way, I'm just saying that open seating people like me choose a different way though I’d hardly be depressed if I had the bucket/defined type seating.

The spa myth page says that lounge chairs are a gimmick and that you'll float rather than be able to lay in them. True?

You MIGHT float. We always say wet testing is important. I would add that wet testing is doubly important if you're going to get a lounge spa as you really want to make sure it works for you and isn't going to take up valuable space and be unused.

ok. I am 99% sure we'll want open seating as socializing and being able to move around is more important, imo....Wet testing down the road will answer those questions for sure though.

Open Seating and defined............http://dimensiononespas.co.uk/products/spas/nautilus-hot-tub

Our hot tub has a lounge position, my wife floats in it, if the jets are on their highest setting, but she likes it! I don't float in the lounge whatever the setting.

Dave