Oval Pool...resin Or Metal?

Ntrikit

We want to put in an oval 54" AGP. We visited 2 pool stores today. One seemed expensive and kinda shady. The other almost refused to sell us any oval pool. They said that round is where it's at. Reason being that the round one was made entirely of resin, and all the ovals have metal bottom tracks and are prone to rust.

Do I want metal or resin and why?

TIA

Most Oval pools do have Resin components except for the wall and Rounds are no exception. I do believe the dealer that will only sell round pools doesnt have the expertise to install a buttress free oval pool & that is why the are against Ovals.

Most pools that have resin components are good quality. Doughboy, cornelius, strong pools, sharkline, vogue all have good quality resins. Most resin pools come with a hang bead liner as well.

Most Oval pools do have Resin components except for the wall and Rounds are no exception. I do believe the dealer that will only sell round pools doesnt have the expertise to install a buttress free oval pool & that is why the are against Ovals.

Most pools that have resin components are good quality. Doughboy, cornelius, strong pools, sharkline, vogue all have good quality resins. Most resin pools come with a hang bead liner as well.

Thank you so much for the speedy reply!

Do I want solid resin, or resin-coated steel?

Also, since my local dealers are more about chemicals and less about pools, should I have a contractor lay down a concrete pad and the install the pool myself, or try to find an independant contractor to do the entire install?

TIA again

I'm no pro, but I've heard that round are more structualy stable than an oval and give you the most swimming space for the buck.

Given that, if you want an Oval pool it was explained to me that quality installation is critical and having a system that ties the opposing walls buttresss toghethor via straps under the botom is the best. As far as resin, I heard it can crack, and that extruded alluminium is the best choice.

I have a round Esther Williams pool and think it's a great pool. I orignally was thinking of an oval and was impressed with thier 2 models, but decided for me, round was the best choice. Check out the Millinum and Summit models by Esther Williams. they cost a bit more than other pools, but are considered to be one of the better quality pools out there.

• 14 years later...

Question for Pathfinder
I would like to know what is the Perimeter of the two pools of the model: Pathfinder size 19 X 33 Ft Oval 54 Inch 
 and also the Pathfinder model size 18 x 33 FT Oval 54 inch 

I am told that the Perimeter of the 18 x 33 FT Oval 54 inch is 86 FT 3 inch 
and that the 19 x 33 FT Oval is 19 X 33 Ft Oval 54 Inch 83 Ft 2 Inch Perimeter)
There must be a typing error as it is not normal that the 19 x 33 FT Oval 54 inch is a smaller Peremeter than the 18 x 33 FT Oval x 54 inch. 
I'd like you to reply to me by email, that way I'll be sure to get an answer. 

I really need to know 
I look forward to your reply 
Thanks in advance
Klauda 

19 X 33 Ft Oval 54 Inch Pathfinder Replacement Pool Wall (83 Ft 2 Inch Perimeter)19 X 33 Ft Oval 54 Inch Pathfinder Replacement Pool Wall (83 Ft 2 Inch Perimeter)