Dynasty Spas

xtlhunter

New to the forums here. I was thinking of buying a dynasty spa (Atlantis), but as far as I can see nobody likes them on hear. there must be someone out there that has one that is willing to say if they like it or not.

The other brand I was looking at is the newer Limelight spas by Hot springs. Anyone have one of those they wouldn't mind commenting on?

I must admit I do like all the lights and bells and whistles that come with these spas. I would however like one that is decent as far as quality and longevity though.

New to the forums here. I was thinking of buying a dynasty spa (Atlantis), but as far as I can see nobody likes them on hear. there must be someone out there that has one that is willing to say if they like it or not.

The other brand I was looking at is the newer Limelight spas by Hot springs. Anyone have one of those they wouldn't mind commenting on?

I must admit I do like all the lights and bells and whistles that come with these spas. I would however like one that is decent as far as quality and longevity though.

Call the Dynasty dealer and see if they have a copy of the warranty so you can read it over. I've heard many times that they never seem to have. I believe the reason is the warranty is prorated and they don't want you to know that or see it. Tell them you only want to visit them again if they have the copy and se if it becomes available. If they don't have a copy for you (which is crazy) ask up front if the warranty is prorated (I believe they're the only major or semi-major manufacturer that does that).

If you go to most any spa manufacturer website you can see it there but at the Dynasty website they have operator’s guide to see/download and a warranty registration but no way to see the warranty. It says at the end of the operator’s guide “Please refer to the Warranty Card included with your product for complete warranty information.” In other words, after you buy the product they’ll give you a copy of how it’s covered but you really want to see it up front. It just seems to be a bit slick to not have the warranty available and it’s obviously because of the proration.

I'm also skeptical of their insulation but I also know of at least one Dynasty owner on this site that is happy with his so keep looking for current owners. Take your time and get all the info you can.

After reading the posts on hear the last week or two and hearing about the prorated warranty from Dynasty It did concern me. I called the dealer soon after to inquire about it. He said it was not prorated and even faxed me a copy of it within minutes. It looked like every other spa manufacturers warranty to me.

I don't know if the non-prorated warranty is just from this dealer or if dynasty has changed their warranty across the board?

what else should I be asking the dealer about this spa?

Thanks for anymore information

After reading the posts on hear the last week or two and hearing about the prorated warranty from Dynasty It did concern me. I called the dealer soon after to inquire about it. He said it was not prorated and even faxed me a copy of it within minutes. It looked like every other spa manufacturers warranty to me.

I don't know if the non-prorated warranty is just from this dealer or if dynasty has changed their warranty across the board?

what else should I be asking the dealer about this spa?

Thanks for anymore information

Dynasty has had a prorated warranty for years. Maybe it has changed but if so you think they'd show it on their website. If it were me, I'd call Dynasty first to confirm.

Just got off the phone with Dynasty. They told me their neptune series is still prorated. the first three years is 100% the 4th and 5th year you pay 50%.

I'll have to check again with the dealer and double check to see if the full warranty he told me about was through his dealership.

Even if it is, it still makes me wonder about their product.

Can anyone suggest a tub that is comparable to the Dynasty Trident. I know its dumb, but I like all the lights and water falls. I'm sure I'm not the only one:) The other brands in my area are.

1. Sundance

2. Caldera

3. Cal spa

4. Jacuzzi

5. Marquis

6. Hot Springs

7. Limelight

I would like to buy one of these since they are close to home.

Just got off the phone with Dynasty. They told me their neptune series is still prorated. the first three years is 100% the 4th and 5th year you pay 50%.

I'll have to check again with the dealer and double check to see if the full warranty he told me about was through his dealership.

Even if it is, it still makes me wonder about their product.

Can anyone suggest a tub that is comparable to the Dynasty Trident. I know its dumb, but I like all the lights and water falls. I'm sure I'm not the only one:) The other brands in my area are.

1. Sundance

2. Caldera

3. Cal spa

4. Jacuzzi

5. Marquis

6. Hot Springs

7. Limelight

I would like to buy one of these since they are close to home.

I've never been a Cal fan but some say they are turning it around but the rest of that list is very good IMO. Visit those with local dealers and see which has the product that works for you and make sure you feel comfortable that the dealer will be there for you after the sale.

Interesting discussion.

We have been looking into so many of the items in these tubs, filter, jets, etc, that we assumed the warranties were all the same. Shocking to hear that they are not.

Has anyone sat down and rated the top 10 tubs? Those to simply avoid, for issues like no proper warranty.

Interesting discussion.

We have been looking into so many of the items in these tubs, filter, jets, etc, that we assumed the warranties were all the same. Shocking to hear that they are not.

Has anyone sat down and rated the top 10 tubs? Those to simply avoid, for issues like no proper warranty.

Not all warranties are alike but what matters more IMO is the fact that not all spa companies really follow through on their warranties to the same degree so its not just about what's on paper as most would expect it to be.

Interesting discussion.

ive seen a tread on here that has a pole on it.wonder if one could be started to help rate manufactures on warrenty,service and quality/longevity ect...

im still new here so im not sure how to do a thread/pole for this

• 1 month later...

I just came across Dynasty's website and found a local dealer that carries them. The Neptune line looks fantastic (at least on the website). I too am pulled in by the bells and whistles, particularly the LED lit jets. I see some concern here over warranty/quality, so I 'll have to research, but at the very least I'll be paying them a visit to check em out.

I just came across Dynasty's website and found a local dealer that carries them. The Neptune line looks fantastic (at least on the website). I too am pulled in by the bells and whistles, particularly the LED lit jets. I see some concern here over warranty/quality, so I 'll have to research, but at the very least I'll be paying them a visit to check em out.

FWIW, My neighbour's just took delivery of a new Dynasty Oceana (their first hot tub) just over a week ago. They were sold on the jazzy lights and features by a local dealer at a trade show, but were not impressed with the delivery schedules (quoted: 3 weeks, delivered: 7 weeks), nor the service from the dealer - which tailed-off dramatically once the remaining funds had been demanded/handed over 2 weeks before delivery took place (not necessarily Dynasty's fault per se, but the dealer IS their local brand representation). The dealer made all kinds of promises, but never fulfilled on any of them: "we'll deliver, install, connect, fill, and teach you how to use the spa/the chemicals - we'll leave you only when the jets are running, the water's bubbling, and you're happy with our service".

On arrival day, the delivery crew stated that they don't do wiring (OK, granted - that MUST be done by a certified electrician - they know now), but said in a way that made my neighbour's wife feel like she was lying about the promises made by the sales rep; and left them with an empty tub and no knowledge/skills whatsoever. Now they can't get hold of the dealer to speak with them ~at all~ (Understand that my neighbour's are the nicest, most placid people out there, and hardly the 'confrontational' types!)

They're well past the initial 'sales sizzle' of the funky lit jets and "bangin' bass toonz" now... reality started to dawn when their 6yr old daughter sliced her toe on a sharp piece of plastic on/around one of the jet nozzles within a few mins of getting in it for the first time; and again when one of the jet nozzles fired out of its socket as soon as the the pumps were turned on (it wasn't 'loose' - just very poorly fitted, and now does this with regularity).

For the $12K CAD they threw down, they've really been left pretty disappointed over the whole experience (though this is ~mostly~ due to the dealer in question) - and I'm pretty certain they have no idea about this whole pro-rata'd warranty BS yet...

FYI: they shared this info with us 'cos (a) we're good friends and (B) we're also first-time hot tub owners waiting on delivery of our new toy (ours will be a Coleman/Maax/whatever-now-that-Maax-no-longer-own-the-rights-to-market-under-the-'Coleman'-brand # C 471 which is ~due~ to be delivered in +/- 2 weeks)

WL