Sundance Chelsea

stempy

First let me say thanks to this board, I have been on the sidelines for the last two weeks learning a tonne. Looked at Artic, Beachcommer and Sundance. Kept going back to Sundance due to look features and tested neighbours tub which is a same model, volcano feature really nice. Almost ready to buy a 2007 floor model Sundance Chelsea with Ozone, and lifter for 7380$ plus tax Canadian. Any thoughts or suggestions from the group?

First let me say thanks to this board, I have been on the sidelines for the last two weeks learning a tonne. Looked at Artic, Beachcommer and Sundance. Kept going back to Sundance due to look features and tested neighbours tub which is a same model, volcano feature really nice. Almost ready to buy a 2007 floor model Sundance Chelsea with Ozone, and lifter for 7380$ plus tax Canadian. Any thoughts or suggestions from the group?

very good price buy it. Make sure the ozone they put on is the high output.

We bought the Chelsee last month and love it! Some people here complained about the jets being too harsh, but we've learned you just have to adjust them. The beauty is you can get to jets to be very soft and gentle or as strong and sharp as you want. We found this out by playing with everything. The book is not too helpful in explaining which valve is for which seat or how turning the jets or valves can change water flow. You just have to figure it out as you go. We're still learning things. Good luck! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

We bought the Chelsee last month and love it! Some people here complained about the jets being too harsh, but we've learned you just have to adjust them. The beauty is you can get to jets to be very soft and gentle or as strong and sharp as you want. We found this out by playing with everything. The book is not too helpful in explaining which valve is for which seat or how turning the jets or valves can change water flow. You just have to figure it out as you go. We're still learning things. Good luck! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Put a deposit down today, hope to be in it within a month...

• 4 months later...
did you get it

I purchased one of these a couple of months ago. The quality seems to be great. I live in a cold climate so I did a little extra insulation. I got some pipe insulation and put it on the hot lines coming and going from the heater. There is also a vent across the top of the side with the controls. I also insulated this. I will be removing this this spring.

I run the tub on the first economy setting which operates the heater a max of 1 hour every 24 hours. The temperature range of the water goes from 101.5 to about 98. Lately day time temps have been topping out at about 34* and night time temps have been in the low teens. The internal temps in the cabinet average in the mid 50's. I am very pleased with the insulation.

Each seating position has different heights with different jets. All jets are adjustable either by adjusting the jets individually or by using the diverter or by adjusting the air flow. I think the best part of the tub is the center dome.

This is our second tub. The first one lasted over 20 years with minor repairs and I expect about the same of this one.

I think this is some of the best money I ever spent on something that we really did not need.

I don't think you will be disapointed.