New Spa Delivered - Might Have A Slight Or Major Issue Though?

Hi all,

Our new Vita Nuage was delivered Friday and I was doing a wipe down of the shell before we did the initial fill to clear the dirt/grime from delivery. Everything looked good to go until I noticed a small hole in the acrylic near the footwell of the spa. The hole is about the size of a "pea" but its clear through the acrylic layer and you can see the fiberglass backing.

The dealer is coming out to inspect this issue this afternoon and let me know if this can be repaired, or if it will need to be replaced with a new spa? She said she did not notice this issue when it left the showroom floor after they drained it (this spa was on their showroom floor and we wet tested the spa a couple of weeks back).

My concerns are that this was damaged previously and water might have leaked inside the cabinet of the spa while it was filled with water when it was in their showroom? However, this might have occurred during delivery, then that issue is mute as we have not filled it since it was installed.

Anyway - I want to get off on the right foot with this spa so Im wondering if the experts have an opinion on if this should/could be repaired or not? Any words of advice on how to proceed? I will have more information once the dealer and the service tech come out to inspect later today.

Thanks for any advice!

Heres a link to some pics showing the hole...

Link to photos

Hi all,

Our new Vita Nuage was delivered Friday and I was doing a wipe down of the shell before we did the initial fill to clear the dirt/grime from delivery. Everything looked good to go until I noticed a small hole in the acrylic near the footwell of the spa. The hole is about the size of a "pea" but its clear through the acrylic layer and you can see the fiberglass backing.

The dealer is coming out to inspect this issue this afternoon and let me know if this can be repaired, or if it will need to be replaced with a new spa? She said she did not notice this issue when it left the showroom floor after they drained it (this spa was on their showroom floor and we wet tested the spa a couple of weeks back).

My concerns are that this was damaged previously and water might have leaked inside the cabinet of the spa while it was filled with water when it was in their showroom? However, this might have occurred during delivery, then that issue is mute as we have not filled it since it was installed.

Anyway - I want to get off on the right foot with this spa so Im wondering if the experts have an opinion on if this should/could be repaired or not? Any words of advice on how to proceed? I will have more information once the dealer and the service tech come out to inspect later today.

Thanks for any advice!

Sounds like a blister and that water would not get inside the cabinet, just under the acrylic to the fiberglass backing. It can be repaired to almost un-noticable but I wonder if I wouldn't ask for a replacement anyway. Did they give it to you for a discount and if so how much? Because some small blisters can be repaired to almost not noticable.

Thanks for the advice Roger - I am hoping that this is a simple repair as you suggested. I edited my post to include a link to pictures of the issue. My first thought was this is simple fix, but wanted to get 2nd opinions from those who deal with this day in day out.

We got the spa for a slight discount as it was a floor model they had for the past few months... Plus it had the lights and stereo options, which we would not get if we ordered a new one...not a big deal, but kinda "nice to have's". Also, I would prefer a repair over replacement as it was a pretty big endeavor to get this into our enclosed deck...but if this is a big deal and it needs to be replaced, we will go that route.

Thanks again for the advice!

Looks like a chip in the acrylic are the edges smooth or rough. The dealer should have caught that on preinspection. Could be repaired but get a secondary warranty from your dealer in writing that they will be responsible for a replacement if that repair fails.

Thanks Pathfinder...definitely a rough edge going around the little chip/hole. I bet it happened during delivery as they definitely had to muscle the spa into place - a drill or screwdriver might have dropped in there or something weird? It almost look like the piece that chipped is still in there, nudged against the fiberglass?

That is a good idea to get something in writing if they decide to repair/not replace. Thanks for your input/help.

Quick update:

Dealer is sending out a repair tech today to patch this hole in the acrylic. The hole did not go through the fiberglass backing, so its just a quick patch to the acrylic shell, mostly a cosmetic repair. The work will be reported to Vita and be on file in case there are any issues going forward.

Thanks again for the replies - I was not sure if this was a big problem or something that could be fixed rather easily.