Intex 18 X 48 Pool - Is An Automatic Cleaner Overboard?

sharper4

I have one of those Intex Sand n Sun pools that we love. We use it a few times each week but I noticed that after use it sometimes has a lot of grass and stuff at the bottom. Is there an easier way to clean it other than me getting in the pool with that vacume? What do you do or use?

The stuff has to get out of the pool somehow so unless you have a center main drain to sweep it in you have to use a net or vacuum. One of the downsides of usual above ground lack of some of the features of in-ground pool configurations.

A floor main drain is wonderful for removal by sweeping of small bottom trash/dirt/dead algae.

I dont actually 'get in' the pool to vacuum it. The pole the vacuumm is attached to extends beyond the boundaries of the pool - although its always a good excuse for a swim!

What type of vacuum are you using?

I dont see why you cant attach an automatic cleaner - as long as you can find an adaptor to attach it to the inside of your pool. There are losts of different types, ranging in price and certainly ok for your pool.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my Lil Shark pool cleaner and it works well. I have went overboard on my whole pool but its what I like to do. My pool still looks just like it use to. An Intex Easy Set, but its very little trouble to maintain now. I recommend the Lil Shark from Pentair Water. Use to be Sta-Rite. It works well and will work with low flow pumps. Just throw it in about once a week for a couple of hours and your done!!! Very little manual vacuuming is needed. If you do, a pole will conect right to it. And it scrubs too!!!