Cloudy/milky Residue Washed Out Of Filter During Cleaning?

pdampier

I rinsed out my filter this last week (2 weeks post water change) and I had a milky residue in the water that washed out.

My source water is very very soft (less than 30 CH) so I add CH (Leisure Time Calcium increaser) to around 150 CH.

This time I also used a pH balancer once Alkalinity was set to 100 and pH was 7.4....

pH has remained in range with Alkalinity now around 80....

Any idea what this is from? Is this a problem?

I rinsed out my filter this last week (2 weeks post water change) and I had a milky residue in the water that washed out.

My source water is very very soft (less than 30 CH) so I add CH (Leisure Time Calcium increaser) to around 150 CH.

This time I also used a pH balancer once Alkalinity was set to 100 and pH was 7.4....

pH has remained in range with Alkalinity now around 80....

Any idea what this is from? Is this a problem?

The white milky residue is normal. It can be a bunch of different stuff, risidual soaps, dead skin residue from the inhert ingredients in the chemicals and so on. I will say do be carefull with the PH balance. Do not get your calcium hardness any higher or it will raise havoc with the PH Balance. If you read the bottle, you cant use the product with hard water or high calcium. Just watch for side effects such as white "chips" floating around ect.