Price Check On Sundance Optima ?

pattyb

Hi, looking for any fairly recent quotes/prices that anyone has received for Sundance Optima (no stereo, no ozone). We have a quote for $8,800 USD including steps, cover/lifer, chems, delivery & setup. I've seen prices on various forums ranging from $6,900 to $7,600 to $8,300(w/stereo) all the way up to $9,500. Just trying to get a feel whether $8,800 is a fair price, or if we should be able to do better. We told the dealer this was a cash deal but he said that did not matter. We're upstate NY.

Kicked off our deck expansion ... dug 6 48" holes for footers last night.. Now we have to close the deal on the spa.

In advance, thanks!

Got a quote of 10,495 WITHOUT stereo, ozone, cover lifter or steps. Then dealer said he could dig up a coupon worth $600 that would take of CL and Ozone. Yea! Thought it was outrageous but when I called another Sundance dealer they said they couldn't get a tub if I wanted to as I was in that dealers service area. BTW I am in SE PA. Quote on Bahia was 8,095 W/O anyting also. Needless to say I am not buying a Sundance product at those prices.

Got a quote of 10,495 WITHOUT stereo, ozone, cover lifter or steps. Then dealer said he could dig up a coupon worth $600 that would take of CL and Ozone. Yea! Thought it was outrageous but when I called another Sundance dealer they said they couldn't get a tub if I wanted to as I was in that dealers service area. BTW I am in SE PA. Quote on Bahia was 8,095 W/O anyting also. Needless to say I am not buying a Sundance product at those prices.

srmthg3 - thanks for the info,. Wow that seems high! For Optima our dealer posted a retail price of $11 something,, then 'sale' price of somewhere around $9,500... Then came down to 8,800.

Re. Bahia - there has been quite a bit of discussion on Bahia pricing on http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin...oard=wtb-hottub in the last few weeks and 8K is way high. I would think your dealer could do MUCH better than that. Good luck spa shopping.. it's a royal PITA.

Headed back to the dealer this week.. anyone else have a fairly recent price on Optima?

Well it cost him a sale-went with the Jacuzzi line from a competeing dealer. Same company manufactures them and at around 6k for a J345 seemed a much better value with more bells and whistled then a Bahia. To which the Sundance dealer seemed not to really care just sent over something about the Bahia having a better filtration process-well I tell you there is no way it's 33% or 2,000 better.

srmthg3 - thanks for the info,. Wow that seems high! For Optima our dealer posted a retail price of $11 something,, then 'sale' price of somewhere around $9,500... Then came down to 8,800.

Re. Bahia - there has been quite a bit of discussion on Bahia pricing on http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin...oard=wtb-hottub in the last few weeks and 8K is way high. I would think your dealer could do MUCH better than that. Good luck spa shopping.. it's a royal PITA.

Headed back to the dealer this week.. anyone else have a fairly recent price on Optima?

I purchased my Optima for $8500. It has an Ozonator and included Leics covermate and lift, Spa Kit Purity Nature II, durastep and delivery.

I think I got a great deal but it wasnt a normal situation. At a home show I went looking for a hot tub. Inclined to get a Sundance, I was disappointed by the chilly reception I received in the booth. I went to other booths to learn and listen and ended up buying a Master Spa LSX. Great people, professional guy (I dont care what others say about Master this was my experience). I didnt get everything I wanted to get done at the show so I went back the next night. With my new found knowledge of spas I went back to the Sundance booth to compare/justify my decision. A manager introduced himself, I shared my story, he apologized for the experience and talked to me about the spa even though I made a purchase. His boss and him basically said asked me if they could get me a great price, I said sure since I had to wet test the Master (there was a 3 day grace period on the sale), thus a low ball $8500 offer. During my wet test, my shoulders couldnt get under the shoulder jets of the Extreme seat in the LSX. I called the Master retail, got credit on my down payment immediately, called and bought the optima.

• 5 weeks later...

For you folks getting Optimas for less than $9000, did that include tax? Or was it, say, $8800 PLUS tax (to the tune of another $600-$700)? I'm THIS close to buying one (or maybe a Cameo) and had a feeling I was going to be well into the $9000 range out the door, but if it's reasonable to get it for less than $9k all the better...

• 2 weeks later...

I live in northern nj and was quoted $9650 for the optima with lifter, cover, chemicals, steps and ozonator. Where are you and which dealer quoted $8800? Do you know if local dealer has to honor warranty if you buy from a different dealer?

We're in upstate NY area (Rochester). NOt sure on your warranty question. I would think the dealer would honor warranty if you purchased elsewhere. What if you had purchased in a different city, then moved and brought your hot tub with you?

THe question may be whether the other dealer would sell to you. Some dealers are very particular about territory. We went to Buffalo to check out Artesian spas. There was a Hot Spring/Tiger River dealer right across the street from the Artesian dealer. We'd wet tested HS locally and it didn't work for us... but hadn't paid much attention to the Tiger River brand & I wanted to take a look at the Caspian (after testing Optima decided foot jets were a must have!). We made the mistake of mentioning we'd driven in from Roch to see Artesian and wanted to take a quick look at the Caspian. The dealer was the rudest I've run into... Basically said we could look around but there were service issues and that we had to shop at our local dealer. Then he yelled over to another guy working in the store that these folks are here from ROCHESTER (emphasizing that we were not local)... As I type it doesn't sound all that rude but his tone and attitude spoke volumes. Even my husband commented how rude the guy was. (And we were only LOOKING.. had absolutely no intention of buying!)

Good luck with trying to buy from a different dealer if that's what you decide to do.

Bought our Bahia 2 years ago at a home show for $6k w/ozone, no stereo; think we paid a little for deliver but not much. Co. Spngs, CO

kwatson, you're in C. Springs? Cool! How's your Bahia held up so far? Did you get it from Spa Palace on Nevada? How've they been? Do you buy your supplies there or do you go elsewhere? How about an electrician -- did you have one do your electrical setup? If so would you recommend them?

Sorry for all the questions, but having someone local who's owned a Sundance seems like a great resource for information!

I'll be glad to share what I can. Yes, we're in CS, and yes, we got it from Spa Palace. They've been ok...not too bad, but not real impressive either. Seems like they do all they can to get out of doing warranty work. There have been a few issues with the spa, but overall it's been ok. SP did not mount the ozone generator properly (laid in on the floor instead of mounting it on the wall or a support. A check valve failed and flooded the ozone generator. SP wanted a lot of money for a ho-hum replacement, so I ordered one off the web. I really like the new one (Del Platinum Eclipse) A couple of the jets got stuck in the closed possition, but that may be due to our water - high calcium (we're east of the Springs)

I use the Eco-One system (http://xxx.ecoonespaxxx) so I don't get chems from SP. I either order them online or get them from a place in Manitou Springs. I replaced my dead ozone generator last month, and that along with the Eco-One is all the chems I need. I do use spa shock if there is a high bather load (guests).

I did most if the electrical myself (bought the breaker box, condiut, wire, dug the trench from the house to the pad.) All the electrician did was actually hook up the wire to the main panel and the spa itself. Don't remember who I used, but his price was kinda high for what he did, so I can't really recommend him anyway. Feel free to send a private message if you like.