Got A Price Today

southla

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got one bid back on the pool i am trying to install. With pump,filter,salt chlorinator . light and laborand the 12 x 24 installed pool it came to 34,500 down in south la. He said he could install a 15 x 30 for the same price but his minimum for the job would be 35,000

I'll be jealous once you get it done!

Tommorrow they shoot the gunite! So far these guys are a-1 on the ball, i hope i can say this all the way to the end. If everything goes as planned, i can be their best person to have potential pool customers call . :D I cant get over how neat these guys are also. I was expecting to have trash to pick up and mud to hose down but at the end of each day they clean up after themselves. They were here at 6:45am this morning and had everything done by 11am. Rebar,Skimmers,Light niche and ran some of the plumbing. I was going to take pictures but its all covered up by plastic in case of rain. Thanks again for giving me their number rh455.

Man your pool is going great to i see. I do believe we have the same tile. I like the shape. I wish i had more room for a freeform pool but my yard is just to small and im not moving. Where is your home located? Did you tell them about the referral? I mentioned it to Theresa the other day again but didnt know your salesmans name or yours.I have blisters up and down my hands. They were suppose to break up a 25x4 slab but couldnt get the equipment in a tight spot so i had a guy from work over and we busted it with a maul and a pry bar.. Needless to say i was whipped after doing that for 5 hours.

Anyway Great looking pool.

Thanks. Jerome was my salesman. He's the guy that does the excavation. You probably met him already if you're dug. I'm enjoying watching the developments. When the shell was complete, the Bobcat guy Steve(same guy that did your work) spread the dirt removed from the pool area throughout the yard. I was kind of disappointed when I saw how rough it came out. But I realized that it was my problem anyway. Well, he showed up this morning to grade the work area to prepare for concrete forming. He regraded the entire yard and now it's as smooth as a parking lot. It's amazing to watch him work, like watching a ballet! When I got home, the yard was smooth and everything was cleaned up. Gino said they'll be here before Friday to form up the concrete, they should pour by mid next week, and the following week plan on plaster. YIPPIEEE!!

This is how the yard looked yesterday, but now it's smooth as glass. I'll try to get some updated pics tomorrow.

poolday1004.jpg

poolday1005.jpg

poolday1006.jpg

Now here's the sweet part. I got home just as the electricians showed up to wire the pool grounds and the pump. I showed him the diagram and list of parts that I intended to get today, but didn't realize that he was coming today. I wanted to add a subpanel with some additional 110's to run some outlets on the new patio. He told me that he had already installed a killer 100amp subpanel outside, complete with a light switch for the pool light and an external 110 GFI outlet on the outside of the subpanel. He told me that all I need is a 60 amp 220 breaker, a tandem 20 amp 110 breaker(to make room for the 220 breaker) and about 75' of 6/3 Romex with a ground(4 wire). Off to Home Depot I went. I got everything he needed so he could wire it all up while he was there. The 6/3 Romex wire was actually cheaper to buy the precut 125' roll for $184 vs. 75' at 2.82/ft ($212). So he wired it and got it into the attic and told me to install my new breakers and pull the wires to the new breaker and I'm in business. This guy really helped me out. He knows about your pool too. It's on his list to come out. His name is Keith Lasalle.

Pump and subpanel....

poolelec7.jpg

poolelec8.jpg

poolelec9.jpg

Here's the wire conduit on the side the house. It was easier for me to do it this way for roof clearance when I'm in the attic pulling wire.

poolelec10.jpg

the gunite is done! I am so glad to have these people working on my pool (so far ;) I had some issues with one of my neigbors but i think i just got that resolved about 10 minutes ago. Some people are just idiots and complain about anything.

Manuel1layout.jpg

ManuelPoolJuly232008Final_003layout.jpg

P1010445.jpg

P1010446.jpg

P1010449.jpg

Man, that looks awsome! I think you'll be swimming sooner than you think. They're suppose to pour concrete here Tuesday. Jerome told me they generally plaster within a few days after. So I think they'll start to wrap mine up in the next week or so. This has really gone much better than I expected. I still have to get the patio cover installed. That'll be a week after concrete. Are y'all getting excited?

Is your electric completely hooked up? I still need to get mine into the main box. That's tomorrow's project. Today I ran 3/4" copper tube under the area of the patio and out back behind the pool area. I have to leak test it tomorrow and bury the lines if all goes well. The termite guy is coming tomorrow (Sat) to treat the area near the house where the new patio will be.

Well not completely hooked up. They need to come hook up the pump and the other stuff over by the equipment slab, i think they may be coming tommorrow for that. My electrician came today and ran my wires from the main panel to the "equipment area" and they are gonna take it from there.

They just installed the tile yesterday. I thought the plumbing and and other stuff wouldve been first but i guess not.

P1010511.jpg

P1010538.jpg

P1010545.jpg

TilePicsDay5.jpg

Its great watching all of it take place ,its amazing becasue this is what i started with

P1010399.jpg

and as of today its like this

P1010540.jpg

Looks like they're getting ahead of schedule. That's good news. If you have time, now is a good time to run some 110 power around the backside of the pool before they concrete. I had a 3/4" water line stubbed and capped of on the back wall of my house. I never did anything with it. I had an existing hole in the slab where the cable came thru so I bought a roll of copper tubing and laid a water line across to the far side and out the back. I put a hose bib on both ends plus a tee with a capped stub on both ends to give me water anywhere I need it. I'm glad I did it before concrete. If I had waited, it would be impossible to do.

plumbing001.jpg

plumbing007.jpg

plumbing003.jpg

plumbing004.jpg

yeah the rain has been killing me. Nieves(?) came and started the plumbing the other day but had to leave. He got a call that his nephew was in a bad car accident so he came back tuesday and finished up. They are coming today to form up for the deck and one of the guys said they might pour the deck on friday hopefully but i doubt it. The rain has really put the brakes on the pool. They got everything done pretty quick so far so i guess i'll let them slide since i wasnt expecting to be this far so soon ayway.

Havent got a chance to update yet...

well so much for pouring the deck , its not happening so far. The guy came out saturday to check to make sure everything was ok for pouring today and i asked him about a downspout that isnt connected to the subsurface drainage and he said it should have been hooked up. He said that Nieves(?) should have hooked it up when he was there the other day. So now they have to get him back out there to connect it before they pour the deck. I asked Theresa last wednesday about it and she was "suppose" to get with him but i guess she didnt. The guy that came Saturday said it will probably push me back a few days now because he has to skip me and do some other things until they finish the drainage.Im hoping that he comes today so i can at least get it done this week.Just getting excited to get this done and now its pushes me back. I have alot of things that i have bought for the patio and yard that is just sitting in the house waiting for them to finish so i can get in the backyard to finish my projects.

how is your pool coming along?

Well, if it's any consolation, you're caught up to me now. I was suppose to get a deck last Tues, plaster Thurs and be done for last weekend. Now I'm hoping to be finished by next weekend. It better be, I've got a party planned for Labor Day weekend. I'm in the same boat. I've got a granite table and chairs, Jenn Air stainless BBQ pit and a bunch of other crap waiting for concrete. I had to put the patio guy off for a week or two since the concrete is falling behind. I not mad, but the grass is growing back where the concrete goes and the dirt in the back 40 is beginning to get ruts washed in it. I'll be glad when the concrete is done, that way I can level the yard again. Gettin' tired of the mess. Everytime we let the dog out, I have to wash his little paws. He brings in enough mud to fill the ruts in the yard :lol:

Seems like when Gino took off for vacation everything kinda slowed down to a stop. I just got in touch with theresa again and she sounded like she was in a panic. She told me to leave a message for gino and let him know whats going on. She said i dont know whats going on with some of these guys since gino left. Im not mad either but when I specifically asked the plumbers if that pipe had to be connected he said NO! . Then when the guy who does the deck comes saturday and i asked him about it, he says "they know it needs to be done i dont know why he didnt do it".

I have a patio table and 6 chairs, a wicker loveseat ,2 wicker chairs ,1 coffe table, 2 lounge chairs, 2 rock speakers, a flat screen tv and stereo system in my house right now so needless to say i am crammed in like a bunch of sardines in a can, not to mention my house is 2100 sq ft. I have the gardens to take care of i already have the plants and other garden stuff stored at my shop right now so ive got to get them rolling so i can get rolling with my next phase.

Any new news? I'm SUPPOSE to get concrete tomorrow, again. Going on 2 weeks now. It's mostly formed up, but still more to do. I wished they would have stayed all day today, this could be done tomorrow if they would have. I'm trying to beat the next rain storm coming next week.

well they finally came yesterday and finished up the subsurface draining and the electrical. When i talked to Gino he said early next week before they deck my pool but next week it looks like we might be getting that storm. It should have been done this week if everyone had done their job last week but i guess thats how it goes. Its getting frustrating because the days they could be doing work on it they dont show up and the days they do show up they have to knock off early because of rain or whatever. I can tell a big difference since the bossman is back in town though. I like what the electrican did what the box like he did with yours with the outlets. You can never have enough outlets outside.

They are waiting for the parish to inspect it and ok before they do the deck now. I called a guy i know and he is suppose to come out today to inspect and give the ok. Hopefully they do it soon.

Good news finally! We had a big day today. All the concrete decking and patio was done today. The guys did really nice concrete work. They did tell me that they're planning on pouring your decking Wednesday. A little trick that worked for me....after the rain was done, I got out a push broom and drained all the water. I blew the rest out with a lawn/leaf blower. They came out Thurs and finished forming, but didn't to the styrofoam work until they were certain that they were pouring today. When I got home yesterday they were gone. I talked to them by phone, but were skeptical about pouring because they thought the ground was still too wet. I got out a garden rake(stiff tines) and raked the surface to break that slick surface that mud gets when wet. It was reasonably dry underneath, I just wanted to aerate the soil to let the moisture escape. It worked very well! Within a couple of hours, it was remarkably drier and in the evening I hit the stubborn spots with a roofing torch. They were pretty surprized when they got here. I would NOT be denied concrete again! :lol: Something you might want to consider to make sure you get concrete mid week. The plaster guys are coming tomorrow morning and will start filling tomorrow afternoon! YAAAY! Gino said I can swim Sunday, but recommended I wait til Monday when they fire up the pumps, fountains, waterfall, etc. . Reason being the plaster is a slow cure process and will take a couple of days to get hard. He said I could swim Sunday, but wear socks so toe nails won't dig in and leave marks. :lol: The end is near!! You should be near the end very soon.

concrete001.jpg

concrete004.jpg

concrete006.jpg

concrete007.jpg

concrete008.jpg

concrete012.jpg

concrete013.jpg