Air Locked Grandee?

Greg D.

Please Help!

My dealer's service dept is closed for the night, and I'm trying to fire up a new Hot Springs Grandee for the first time.

I've got power to the tub, the little circulation pump and ozone are working, but when I turn on the jet pumps, I hear the relays actuate, but no pump turns on. A sales person over the phone told me that I should have filled the tub by sticking the garden hose down the grey standpipe to prevent an air lock.

Thus far I have reset breakers a few times, and bled air and water from the large jet pumps by loosening the rings that connect the hoses to the pumps. There are no error messages or flashing lights on the panel. The red power light stays on steadily.

I'd really love to fire this puppy up tonight and not wait for service tomorrow. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

Please Help!

My dealer's service dept is closed for the night, and I'm trying to fire up a new Hot Springs Grandee for the first time.

I've got power to the tub, the little circulation pump and ozone are working, but when I turn on the jet pumps, I hear the relays actuate, but no pump turns on. A sales person over the phone told me that I should have filled the tub by sticking the garden hose down the grey standpipe to prevent an air lock.

Thus far I have reset breakers a few times, and bled air and water from the large jet pumps by loosening the rings that connect the hoses to the pumps. There are no error messages or flashing lights on the panel. The red power light stays on steadily.

I'd really love to fire this puppy up tonight and not wait for service tomorrow. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

Nevermind,

The dealer sent the wrong GFCI breaker panel - one for 110V convertible spas. I didn't look at it too carefully, installed it, had 110V at all the terminals but I didn't bother to check for 220V.

Greg.