Fixin A '99 Sweetwater Telluride

tobz

A few jets in my spa aren't putting out much pressure anymore. The outer adjustment ring on the jets spins 360 degrees, so either something is blocking them or they're busted in the closed position. I contacted Sundance and they were marginally helpful.

I seem to be getting some serious suction into the filter area with the filter out so I think the pump and impellor are okay. I can't seem to get the jets out and was wondering if anyone has a tip short of going after them with a crowbar? :D

Anyway to flush or backwash the spa to try and flush out anything that may be affecting the flow through the jets? Can a spa tech diagnose something like this or am I looking at a "we'll tear it apart on the clock and see what we find" type of thing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A few jets in my spa aren't putting out much pressure anymore. The outer adjustment ring on the jets spins 360 degrees, so either something is blocking them or they're busted in the closed position. I contacted Sundance and they were marginally helpful.

I seem to be getting some serious suction into the filter area with the filter out so I think the pump and impellor are okay. I can't seem to get the jets out and was wondering if anyone has a tip short of going after them with a crowbar? :D

Anyway to flush or backwash the spa to try and flush out anything that may be affecting the flow through the jets? Can a spa tech diagnose something like this or am I looking at a "we'll tear it apart on the clock and see what we find" type of thing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Before you take a crow bar re-call the manufacturer and ask them if there is a special tool to take the jets out. Sometimes the bearings in the jets go bad and will stop them from spinning. If you use a nature 2 system in your spa the silver beads have known to break open and block water passage.