Older Hayward Power Flo 3/4hp Pump And Hayward S-160t Sand Filter

I am a new pool owner (of a preowned pool) I have a 24 ft. above ground pool that came with an older Hayward Powerflo 3/4 hp pump and a S-160T high rate sand filter with no instruction manual. I have previously owned a temporary style pool with a sand filter, and with that set up we always turned pump off when pool was in use. My question is, with this system, I am assuming it should be used in the same manner- turned off when pool is in use? This may sound like a stupid question, but I wanted to be sure since I have never owned such a large system. Thanks for help and advice, also anyone know where I could get replacement manuals for these? :D

I have a 24 foot with a 1.5hp hayward and we swim in it regardless of pump operation (on and off). I think it makes no difference. Ours is on a timer so it is brainless. It comes on and off as it should and we swim whenever we want to.

I am a new pool owner (of a preowned pool) I have a 24 ft. above ground pool that came with an older Hayward Powerflo 3/4 hp pump and a S-160T high rate sand filter with no instruction manual. I have previously owned a temporary style pool with a sand filter, and with that set up we always turned pump off when pool was in use. My question is, with this system, I am assuming it should be used in the same manner- turned off when pool is in use? This may sound like a stupid question, but I wanted to be sure since I have never owned such a large system. Thanks for help and advice, also anyone know where I could get replacement manuals for these? :D

Thanks for the quick reply, now is there any safety checks we should do after getting this all set up (I myself am a worry wart when it comes to electricity and water-- and sending my children off to play in it :huh: ) Do you suppose if I contact hayward, they would have manuals for this older pump, or how do I get my hands on some? Thanks again!!! All help is appreciated!

One more thing, we need to replace the liner, and in doing so I am assuming we should also replace the skimmer gaskets, and coping strips, is there anything else that should be replaced at this time- as general maintenance? THANK YOU! :D