Help Finding A Leak In Vinyl Liner

We have yet another leak in our liner after patching 2 last year. Only this time I cannot find it no matter what I try.Does any one have any secrets to finding a tear or leak in a pool?I really hate to hire a diver because I'm sure it must be in the low end with the other tears.Any help or ideas are welcome.

We have yet another leak in our liner after patching 2 last year. Only this time I cannot find it no matter what I try.Does any one have any secrets to finding a tear or leak in a pool?I really hate to hire a diver because I'm sure it must be in the low end with the other tears.Any help or ideas are welcome.

When I worked for Wave Tec, leaks were the most common problem. Go get yourself a dye test kit and dive your pool yourself. It's kinda fun, you learn. Go along the seams and, of course, your previous patch jobs. That will cost you about 15 bucks. Then if you cannot find it, let the pool leak down, and wherever it stops, there's your leak. Shouldn't hurt your pool as long as it doesn't drain all the way. Look for wet spots around the yard. You might have a plumbing leak. All things to consider before spending 400 on a diver.

What is a dye test kit? You mean a bottle of Phenol Red? I cannot seems to find any leak test kits.My underground pipe is all under a cement pad which surrounds the poll 12 feet in each direction.The pool was fine This came on all the sudden.

When I worked for Wave Tec, leaks were the most common problem. Go get yourself a dye test kit and dive your pool yourself. It's kinda fun, you learn. Go along the seams and, of course, your previous patch jobs. That will cost you about 15 bucks. Then if you cannot find it, let the pool leak down, and wherever it stops, there's your leak. Shouldn't hurt your pool as long as it doesn't drain all the way. Look for wet spots around the yard. You might have a plumbing leak. All things to consider before spending 400 on a diver.

no, but if you go to your local SCP (see yellowpages) they should be able to hook you up with one. It's a syringe with dark dye in it. You slowly make your way around all the pool fittings and seams and you should see it get sucked out around leaks....

What is a dye test kit? You mean a bottle of Phenol Red? I cannot seems to find any leak test kits.My underground pipe is all under a cement pad which surrounds the poll 12 feet in each direction.The pool was fine This came on all the sudden.

no, but if you go to your local SCP (see yellowpages) they should be able to hook you up with one. It's a syringe with dark dye in it. You slowly make your way around all the pool fittings and seams and you should see it get sucked out around leaks....

It also helps if you have some idea where the leak is. You can't just put the leak detector in the middle of the pool and expect it to go find the leak. Don't we wish!!! :lol: Do you have an underwater light? Check around it and any other inlets, steps, etc. that are cut into the liner. Good Luck.

It also helps if you have some idea where the leak is. You can't just put the leak detector in the middle of the pool and expect it to go find the leak. Don't we wish!!! :lol: Do you have an underwater light? Check around it and any other inlets, steps, etc. that are cut into the liner. Good Luck.

right, so as I said check all the fittings and seams. Has any work been done ont he pool lateley? Check in those areas as well. Is the back of your light niche plugged? Might check that out and make sure there is a good seal. Get some goggles.

I believe it has stopped leaking so now I guess I should check the water line and just above So I'm going in today to check inlets outlets and lights, The only work that has been done to it latelyis washing the coping along the top and the top of the liner where the water never hits. I suppose I could have jarred something loose But I doubt it. But Im gonna check everything again .Ill let you know how it turns out.But why all the sudden would those places start leaking after 8 years??????