Diving Board Cracked - Replace Or Repair?

rickai

My brother in law is a big guy...and he put a crack in my diving board. The crack is in the fiber glass on side, just above the front U bar...where all the leverage is applied - bad place for a crack. Now, when and adult stands on the end of the board, it makes a creeking sound and bends about 4 inches lower than before. It's a pretty old board, so probably time for a replacement anyway.

There doesn't seem to be any way to repair the board, so I am trying to figure out which 6' diving board I need and where to buy. I have attached a photo of mine. I've looked on several sites, but can't find one that looks like it uses the same mounting system. I can get one from a local store, but they want almost a $1000. Please take a look at the photo and tell me if you have recommendations for where to buy a good replacement (or any repair ideas). Thanks a lot.

2646133098_31a9070947.jpg

My brother in law is a big guy...and he put a crack in my diving board. The crack is in the fiber glass on side, just above the front U bar...where all the leverage is applied - bad place for a crack. Now, when and adult stands on the end of the board, it makes a creeking sound and bends about 4 inches lower than before. It's a pretty old board, so probably time for a replacement anyway.

There doesn't seem to be any way to repair the board, so I am trying to figure out which 6' diving board I need and where to buy. I have attached a photo of mine. I've looked on several sites, but can't find one that looks like it uses the same mounting system. I can get one from a local store, but they want almost a $1000. Please take a look at the photo and tell me if you have recommendations for where to buy a good replacement (or any repair ideas). Thanks a lot.

I don't know of any places to buy a diving board. Google SR smith, they make some. DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR, REPLACE IT. since it cracked remove it from the pool. If somebody gets hurt on that thing and your homeowners insurance find out, Big increase in premiums.

The only people I can think of who really do make a quality diving board are S&R Smith. Your board looks similar to their Glass-hide board. There are heaps selling on the net - have a look at the big sites like www.aquasuperstore.com etc. they are a tad bit cheaper on the net and usually include free delivery.

Cheers!

http://www.SwimIn.com.au