Chlorine To Baquacil Conversion?

Hi. I have a 13x42 Intex Metal Frame Pool with a 1000 GPH Cartridge filter and I am currently using Chlorine pucks and the Shock Plus from Aquachem to keep my pool clear. But the Chlorine irritates all of our skin, especially my kids. We just moved here and at our previous residence we used Saltwater so no chlorine effects. But this is to get us through the summer until our new pool is built this winter. How hard is the conversion to Baquacil from Chlorine? And we will be draining the pool this winter anyways so is there any major disadvantages to using Baq? It's a 2,888 gallon pool so it shouldn't use that much. Rec Warehouse is having a good sale until tomorrow so I am kinda in a hurry to decide. I hear of a lot of complaints with Baquacil from after the first few years. But this will only be for a few months?

Will my water stay as clear as it is on Chlorine? And also will it really be like the dealer told me, all I need is Sanitizer/Algistat and Oxidizer?

And is it as effective as killing bacteria, viruses, and cysts as Chlorine?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

A lot of people try to get rid of baquacil, it's a first time i see someone asking how to move to it :)

Saltwater chlorine generator still makes the same chlorine.

You should test your combined chlorine levels, to see if there are any chloramines in a pool, because that's what most people are sensitive to, and if there are any shock the pool.

Also check your CYA level.