Pool Vac Poll

sddt

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and just had a quick question about recommended pool vacs. We currently have a Hayward Poolvac Ultra and are dissatisfied with the quality and quantity of the internal moving parts. If anybody could give me a recommendation on a quality poolvac that won't require $50-$100 in replacements parts every year that would be awesome. Thanks for any help!

I think the best suction side cleaner out there is the Kreepy Krauly. They have only 1 moving part. There are no gears. They do not do the best job on large leaves and other big debries but you can't beat them for sand and dirt.

Suction side I agree Kreepy Krauly or Polaris 145

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and just had a quick question about recommended pool vacs. We currently have a Hayward Poolvac Ultra and are dissatisfied with the quality and quantity of the internal moving parts. If anybody could give me a recommendation on a quality poolvac that won't require $50-$100 in replacements parts every year that would be awesome. Thanks for any help!

Hello,

I'm not sure about the Kreepy Krauly - which model are you talking about? All the Kreepy's I know have HEAPS of replacement parts - new skirts, bumper straps, wings etc, etc, etc..... we have a shop and do quite nicely out of kreepy ;) The hayward has less replacement parts than most creepys (sorry, slip of the keyboard...) And if you are getting the model which has a hammer inside it - get ready for some thumping early in the morning..

The Zodiac barracuda - G2 & G4 essentially have only 2 replaceable parts - the skirt and an internal diapraphm (which does not make any noise!) and are a much better choice.

On another note - what is happening to your hayward? Normally they are a pretty good cleaner. They are not fantastic for pools over 35,000 litres, but other than that they have an internal turbine which improves water quality as it goes and should not need to be replaced every year??

Regards

SwimIN

http://www.SwimIn.com.au

Hello Swim-Inn, the Hayward does a great job with our pool when it works. The problem with ours is the inner turbine/wheel seems to wear down the inner sleeve of the bearings to a point where the turbine is no longer spinning on the bearing on one side. This slows down the performance of the unit and reduces the suction for climbing the steps and walls. I have replaced the wheel with new bearings so we shall see how it goes this year. Form what I have read though all of the units seem to have their strengths and weaknesses and the Hayward Ultra does score high marks for its cleaning capabilities. The Barracuda does have less moving parts but read it doesn't do as good of a job cleaning. I guess I will just have to see how I feel when the hayward breaks down again...