Does Anyone Know Anything About Diamante Spas

sksk

I was at the Alameda County Fair this past weekend and I was looking at the hot tubs. I have wanted to get a spa for awhile now and we are really close to making it happen. They showed us several different models, the one that we liked is 7'x7' has 36 jets and 2-5HP motors. It comes with everything: steps, cover, delivery, set-up, LED lighting, waterfall, stereo with speakers the whole 9 yards for only $5,900. It almost sounds too good to be true. If you compare it to a Hot Springs spa, it seems like a great deal. Of course Hot Springs has a great name and you don’t have to worry about much. With the Diamante I am worried that it could have problems in a year or make my PG&E go through the roof.

Does anyone have anything that I should be aware of with the Diamante?

Thanks

I was at the Alameda County Fair this past weekend and I was looking at the hot tubs. I have wanted to get a spa for awhile now and we are really close to making it happen. They showed us several different models, the one that we liked is 7'x7' has 36 jets and 2-5HP motors. It comes with everything: steps, cover, delivery, set-up, LED lighting, waterfall, stereo with speakers the whole 9 yards for only $5,900. It almost sounds too good to be true. If you compare it to a Hot Springs spa, it seems like a great deal. Of course Hot Springs has a great name and you don’t have to worry about much. With the Diamante I am worried that it could have problems in a year or make my PG&E go through the roof.

Does anyone have anything that I should be aware of with the Diamante?

Thanks

1) Those pumps are not really 5 hp. That is 5 BHP (brake hp), in REAL HP they are about 2.5 HP each. That's a Marketing trick some unfortunately still use to confuse you into thinking you're getting more powerful pumps than what the competition uses. Sigh!!

2) Energy use is VERY important. You want a well insulated spa. Too many people buy a spa that they think is cheaper only to find that they give back the money they think they saved in monthly installments to their power company.

I would save yourself some trouble down the road and stick with a more reputable manufacturer such as Marquis, HotSpring, Caldera, Sundance, Jacuzzi, or Dimension 1. You will definitely pay a little bit more for one of these brands, but you won't be replacing it 3 or 4 years from now.