What Is Correct Length Of Time Between Gunite And Plaster?

ChrisA

All,

Is there is specified amont of time that Gunite should cure before applying the plaster? Is it based on the weather (how hot or cold)?

Kind of on that same subject, is there a specific amount of time that plaster should cure before the pool is filled?

I went by a neighbor that was having a pool built and the contractor only let the Gunite cure for 2 days before applying the plaster (although the tempeture was +100 for both of those days), and the pool was being filled within a few hours after the plaster was applied..... That sounds a little quick to me, but not sure if that is out of the norm or not.

Thanks

I don't know about the Gunite, but on the plaster I believe that the water allows it to cure at a slower rate and is necessary to the process. I don't own a pool but a friend had a large water feature put in and that is what the contractor said. So someone else here should confirm that sentiment.