Zodiac Wahoo Cleaner/light Contradiction

ladysun

We purchased our first "luxery pool package" 2 months ago and it has been a total disaster from day one...the pool company we bought from has little to no knowledge of their own products (example...no one was able to tell us how many uprights the pool had so we could finalize our dome order..no scematics, etc...) We bought a deluxe package and because of major problems at every step...from problems with missing parts during the install, to getting the FIRST liner half full before the bad seam weld on our new 15 X 30 above ground failed and left us with 6-7,000 gallons of water everywhere. Today, two months after purchasing, and now on the second liner, we finally have a filled pool. Our package came with a light that fits into the water return (and is also well below the water line), as well as a small "waterfall" style fountain, also designed to be used with the return...well it's a brand new install and we're working hard to get everything well balanced and in optimal shape, so I break the seal on the auto pool cleaner tonight, to see how to install this so we can leave it running through the night to help clean the new pool and find it (a Zodiac Wahoo) also uses the return line...OK we have the light installed in the pool wall in the return...gave up finding any solution to the fountain attachment this afternoon...now we are scratching our heads on just how can we use the auto pool cleaner with the light fixture installed into the wall. These items all came with our "package" so we think it reasonable to assume they should be able to work at the same time and be somewhat interchangeable, but we arn't seeing how in the world that can happen. Are we missing something here? We really like the idea of lighting for our pool at night but feel the automatic cleaner is almost vital.....any comments, suggestions...would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You.

sun

• 3 weeks later...

To the best of my knowledge, the Wahoo is a suction side cleaner. What that means is that it attaches to your skimmer, not your return line. I don't see any reason why it couldn't be used at the same time as your light, which I'm guessing is an Aqualuminator.