Infinity Spa Covers

hmmmm,in fact, it turns out, this web site has STOLEN all on MY images that they're using to describe how to measure for a spa cover..... heh heh heh.... watch, as the site taken off line (or at least the infringing pages).

HEY! Thanks for the heads up :D

You are welcome....

It was just for informational purposes to inform Infinity spa owners who their covers were made by.....

Did you have a patent or trademark on your measuring pattern.....Good luck in trying to have them remove it....

Happens all the time on the Internet.....

Jeff

Happens all the time, and is generally easy to take care of. Copyright infringement is a serious thing, and web hosts take it VERY seriously.

There is no "patent" or "trademark" required for copyrights, nor is there a requirement for any kind of "legal filing". A work is technically automatically copyrighted the moment the work is created, by the individual who created it. Since the Communications Act of 1978 (U.S.C. Section 501(a)) it's pretty easy to enforce.

Additionally, once a web host (or other publisher) has been made aware of the infringement, they too become liable for damages from the time the notice was given.

So then, I take it you have it copyrighted....& your webpage indicates so.....???? How does one know who created it & when it is created ????

I am sure then you will have no problem with removing it from their website

Jeff

Duh, I just noticed your logo..... Robert's hot tub....in fact I just placed & received my order from you for a thermal blanket ( the polyfoam one ) & some chemicals....

I have not placed it on the tub yet....need to cut it to shape of tub....will do this weekend....

Is this your business or a partnership with several others......just curious....great website....good products too......

What feedback to you receive on these thermal blankets ????

Jeff

Copyrights are automatic. You don't need to do anything to "receive" one..... other than to create "something".. Not too difficult to prove if necessary.

Re: Roberts Hot Tubs, 50% partner. Thanks for the compliments. I'm have the sole responsibility for the web site.............. dang thing drove me crazy. It's been crashing Mac's for the last month and I only figured out the obscure conflict this morning (I think I get up the same time as Chas :D ).

Not much feedback on the blankets...... Which tends to be a good sign. People for the most part only give "feedback" to complain. If things are going well, they generally just quietly enjoy it.

I would think the thermal blankets are a good idea....seems to me that they would keep the heat & moisture down in the tub & prevent most of the condensation from collecting on the underside of the spa cover.....thus maybe giving one a few extra years of life out of their cover.....

So then, I take it you have it copyrighted....& your webpage indicates so.....???? How does one know who created it & when it is created ????

I am sure then you will have no problem with removing it from their website

Jeff

You ask yourself: did I create it or buy it? If the answer is no to both, you're probably violating someone's copyright and selling a competing product.