Purchase A New Tub For A Lake House Rental

We rent out our lake house and would like to replace our old spa with a new one. The new spa has to keep the water super clean, take the abuse of renters, and offer a great overall spa experience.

We have prices for the following. Anyone recommend one spa over another for a lake rental?

Coleman

461 5,300

470base 4,600

481 6,500

482 6,500

M6 10,995

LA Spa

Oasis 6,400

AllureIII 5,500

Esteem 6,800

Any idea on which tub would last the longest under multiple renters hands. The company that quoted the prices liked the 461 and 470base as it had better filtration. I want the M6 but the wife said it was to much money. She knows best..... ^_^

What is the maximum price you are willing to spend? I would also check out Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hotsprings, Caldera, Arctic and Pacific spas to name a few.

You will also want some sort of chemical dispenser such as spa frog etc. I would stay away from the floating puck dispenser in a rental situation. We have a salt water genesis system that is fairly maintainence free but I believe that is only available with Arctic and Pacific.

All of the tubs listed above have good filtration. You will probably want a 24 hour circ pump and ozone to compliment your sanitizer system.

I would also get a tub that is at least 38" deep so it will fit a variety of people.

What is the maximum price you are willing to spend? I would also check out Jacuzzi, Sundance, Hotsprings, Caldera, Arctic and Pacific spas to name a few.

You will also want some sort of chemical dispenser such as spa frog etc. I would stay away from the floating puck dispenser in a rental situation. We have a salt water genesis system that is fairly maintainence free but I believe that is only available with Arctic and Pacific.

All of the tubs listed above have good filtration. You will probably want a 24 hour circ pump and ozone to compliment your sanitizer system.

I would also get a tub that is at least 38" deep so it will fit a variety of people.

The less bells and whistles and buttons to play with is best. One that the topside control can be locked except to turn on pumps so they don't mess up the sublevel stuff, filtration or put it to sleep in the middle of winter! No pillows would be good and make sure to get a cover lifter. I agree with waterboy on chemicals, I would also add ozone to that for added protection.

We are looking at $5,000 to $6,000 for a spa plus installation. The company said they would charge us $700 for installation on a second story deck (they need a crane). The Spa prices are good and the install price is excellent. I just need to pick the correct spa that would last under the strain of renters.

We were offered a new $6,000 Gulf Coast spa for $5,000 but the installation was going to be $1,500.

The M6 has a UV light filter to help clean the water. Thanks for the 38" suggestion.

I would take a serious look at a Hot Spring tub. With the tub's constant circulation, filtration and ozone system I can trust my tub to have clean and sanitized water even if I'm not there. a splash of chlorine weekly is all I need to do! By far the easiest tub to maintain that I've ever used. Perfect for a vacation home since I can lock the cover, walk away from it and just add a little chlorine to it when I'm ready to enjoy.

We were offered a new $6,000 Gulf Coast spa for $5,000 but the installation was going to be $1,500.

LA and Coleman may not be at the very top as far as spa choices but they are far better than Gulf Coast IMO. You really need to make sure you are getting not only a qualuity spa but a quality dealer who will be there to take care of issues for you if anything arises and that's not GC spas in either case so I think you should be glad their installation costs turned you off.

We are looking at $5,000 to $6,000 for a spa plus installation. The company said they would charge us $700 for installation on a second story deck (they need a crane). The Spa prices are good and the install price is excellent. I just need to pick the correct spa that would last under the strain of renters.

The M6 has a UV light filter to help clean the water. Thanks for the 38" suggestion.

The coleman spas are only 35" deep. I am 6 feet tall and we dry tested them and they were too shallow.

Here are a few deeper economical spas. Jacuzzi 200 series(37" deep) Pacific Saturna(40" deep) Caldera c-series(38" deep). I would check to see what other spas are in your area. Call the dealer tell them your max. budget and see if they can help you. You can negotiate after you have narrowed your selection.

Even though this is a for a rental I would at least dry test to see how it woulfd fit a range of peoples heights.

Good luck