Polaris 280 Hose Coils Up On Itself

Its usually caused by the cold water early in the season. I dont know where you are located, but I am in the northeast and mine coils up on itself until the pool water warms up. The lline gets softer and the polaris will travel more freely.

Yep cold water will do it. You can try to lay to hose out straight in the sun or add a couple more of the hose swivels

• 2 weeks later...

You mentioned that you just got the Polaris 280. Before installing it, did you lay the hose straight in the sun for a few hours? This should help take the pre-coil that the hose has while in the box. You can still do it now. Disconnect the wall fitting, take the Polaris out of the water and lay the hose straight in the sun for a couple of hours or for the Polaris Manual recommended time. Then, while the hose is warm from the sun, place is in the pool, still straight. This should fix the problem.

I just got a Polaris 280. It seems to work fine except for the fact that the hose coils up on itself limiting the travel distance. Any ideas? I tried to post a picture. Would adjusting the nozzle on the back make a difference?