Intex Filtration Systems Vs De And Sand Systems

lutch

Hi all

I'm still a bit confused here and I need some help. I 've recently purchased and set up an Intex ultra fram 18'x9'x52" AGP. Now I'm currently running the stock pump and I purchased the Intex salt water system. Everything is fine and working properly.

My wife and I have been weighing the pros and cons between an AGP vs an IGP. I've got an inground pool in my beach house for years now so I've got some experience with this stuff. At the same time I am beginning to see a lot of value with the AGP systems. Before I go further, I intend to purchase the 24'x12'x52" as soon as it becomes available in my area.

I've been surfing a few of the pool websites and are finding a host of specific AGP filtration setups which include sand filters and DE systems. I intend to keep my AGP going for as long as it will and I want to use the most effective equipment possible in terms of filtration, salinity sanitation and heating. I've got a couple questions here and I would really appreciate any help at all. Here goes:

1. Is my stock Intex pump sufficient enough to filter my pool for life? I live in the tropics. It is warm here all year. I am concerned with my water quality and clarity. I test my water often and try to manage it so that is is always at its optimum. I have no problem replacing my stock filtration system with a sand filter or DE system. I would appreciate any recommendations.

2. I am currently using a salt water system to produce hypochlorite. I do not like using chlorine for obvious reasons and I find major incredible benefits with the saltwater system and I intend to keep it integrated into my system. My quedstion is that if I upgrade my filtration system to a DE for instance, will I still be able to use my saltwater system with the new system? This is a very important factor to me.

3. Which is better, a sand filtration system or a DE system? I know the purpose of the DE system is to filter out finer particles. Would I be able to still use my Intex saltwater system with the new setup?

4. What is the best automatic cleaner for my pool? I beginning to think that maybe the polaris may be the best choice. Are automatic cleaners expected to clean the walls as well?

5. I am looking at adding a heater to my pool. I'm looking at a Hayward propane heater. Would this heater be able to work with a new DE filtration system as well as my Intex saltwater system?

I really appreciate any help here guys. I have no problem purchasing the necessary equipment to enhance my family's enjoyment of our pool. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and respond.

Kevin.

I started writing, but then got distracted and forgot about it :)

1. For the life of the pump - yes. But you might find that the life is rather short. Also it might be too small for a bigger pool.

2. DE filter is ok with salt water

3. No idea.

4. As above

5. Yes, not a problem.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Taras