Pool Cleaners

Pbear

We have a gunite and plaster pool, 21 years old, and tired of the constant cleaning. Have been looking at Hayward models of cleaners and the Kreepy Krauly. Any advise or opinions out there? We're confused and no one has a rating on them. Thanks, in advance.

We have a gunite and plaster pool, 21 years old, and tired of the constant cleaning. Have been looking at Hayward models of cleaners and the Kreepy Krauly. Any advise or opinions out there? We're confused and no one has a rating on them. Thanks, in advance.

The easiest one to hook up and use is the Hayward Tigershark. It is electric and they work good. another option is a Polaris 360- this model uses one of the return lines of the pool.

If you a have a dedicated cleaner line with a seperate pump which refered as a booster pump a polaris 280 or 380 is good also

I had a Kreepy Krauly and didn't like it. It typically got stuck in one corner and stayed there. It also sucks leaves and debris directly to your filter which can clog your lines - you don't want that, believe me. The sucking mechanism that makes it move will also wear your pump out faster.

My neighbor has a Polaris 360 and he is not a big fan of it. Breaks often, parts are expensive, gets stuck in one corner.

I have a Dolphin robotic cleaner now and it is terrible. Clogs very easily, only cleans a small part of the pool - complete waste of money.

I've read a lot of reviews of pool cleaners online, and from what I can tell, none of them work great and they are all expensive.

I did a lot of research online and came to the consensus that the Polaris 280 was the best pool cleaner. Designed differently than the 360/380. I have only been using it a couple of weeks, albeit this is the "messy" time of the year. It works well. Bought on ebay for less than $300. I would avoid Hayward. The Pentair Legend also gets high marks.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me some information on the Dolphin Diagnostic Explorer? I like the feature that it can be kept in the pool and programmed to clean 3 times a week without taking it out of the pool. The price is reasonable at $799 - $870. Just curious about how well it cleans the pool. My old Dolphin bit the dust this week so I need to act fast. I'm open to any suggestions regarding the robotic cleaners. Thanks..

Can anyone give me some information on the Dolphin Diagnostic Explorer? I like the feature that it can be kept in the pool and programmed to clean 3 times a week without taking it out of the pool. The price is reasonable at $799 - $870. Just curious about how well it cleans the pool. My old Dolphin bit the dust this week so I need to act fast. I'm open to any suggestions regarding the robotic cleaners. Thanks..

The problem with the dolphin cleaners is if something breaks part are hard to come by and most of the time it has to sent back to maytronics to get repaired.

People seem to like the new Hayward Tigersharks. Too new to see it they will last.

Polaris 360 can be a royal pain to set up and keep running correctly. I like the Polaris 280 very much, but does require a booster pump. If you do not have a dedicated cleaner line you can use a heavy duty garden hose and a over the deck kit.

If you interested in cleaners that use the skimmer I also recommend a polaris 145 I think is the model #, but now you lose your skimmer while using the cleaner

The problem with the dolphin cleaners is if something breaks part are hard to come by and most of the time it has to sent back to maytronics to get repaired.

People seem to like the new Hayward Tigersharks. Too new to see it they will last.

Polaris 360 can be a royal pain to set up and keep running correctly. I like the Polaris 280 very much, but does require a booster pump. If you do not have a dedicated cleaner line you can use a heavy duty garden hose and a over the deck kit.

If you interested in cleaners that use the skimmer I also recommend a polaris 145 I think is the model #, but now you lose your skimmer while using the cleaner

Thanks for the advice ps558. I did research the Hayward Tiger Shark QC. I like the pull out and hose off filter (no bulky bag) and 1 hr/3 hr pool cleaning cycles. In fact, I found a bargain at e-bay which included free shipping and caddy.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the advice ps558. I did research the Hayward Tiger Shark QC. I like the pull out and hose off filter (no bulky bag) and 1 hr/3 hr pool cleaning cycles. In fact, I found a bargain at e-bay which included free shipping and caddy.

How is the Tiger Shark working out for you?

I just ordered one and will receive it tomorrow... any tips or tricks I should know about?

Thanks.

• 10 years later...
On 7/2/2008 at 11:34 PM, JC48 said:

Taking a dip in your pool is the only exemplary way to battle with the scorching summers. However, maintaining the hygiene of the pool is a task, and you need specific tools for it. But here is something that will make this task way smoother! 😊 I personally recommend the Dolphin Robotic Pool Cleaner is a quintessential device that can assist you in cleaning your pool without exhausting yourself.