Buying A Thermospa Last (now Getting Cold Feet)

Hi all I just bought a Concord thermospa last week to replace a 6 year old Calspa that gave me nothing but problems. Could I possible be doing it again? After reading the bad rap thermospa has in this forum and others I am having second thoughts.

Is any one happy with their thermospa to calm my fears and give me confidence in my dicision to buy from thermospa?

My neighbor bought a themospa 5 years ago and never had a problem. I have had 20 service calls on my Calspa in that time period. I talked to them and they are very happy with their thermospa.

The sales rep really has me thinking they have a topnotch product. But looking at the BBB I see they have a bad record.

Now I am worried about the warrenty the rep said nothing about prorated warrenty just 20 years on shell and 10 on electronics. I received a copy in the mail (at my request) and seen the prorated stuff I am starting to feel concerned. I dont want to end up with a problem spa like calspa was.

New member needs some reassurance or should I try to get out of this purchase

any thermospa happy customers besides my neighbors?

Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Hi all I just bought a Concord thermospa last week to replace a 6 year old Calspa that gave me nothing but problems. Could I possible be doing it again? After reading the bad rap thermospa has in this forum and others I am having second thoughts.

Is any one happy with their thermospa to calm my fears and give me confidence in my dicision to buy from thermospa?

My neighbor bought a themospa 5 years ago and never had a problem. I have had 20 service calls on my Calspa in that time period. I talked to them and they are very happy with their thermospa.

The sales rep really has me thinking they have a topnotch product. But looking at the BBB I see they have a bad record.

Now I am worried about the warrenty the rep said nothing about prorated warrenty just 20 years on shell and 10 on electronics. I received a copy in the mail (at my request) and seen the prorated stuff I am starting to feel concerned. I dont want to end up with a problem spa like calspa was.

Thanks

Rob

If the salesman had you thinking they were a top notch brand then he is good at what he does but that doesn't make it true. There are many excellent spa brands out there. There are also some large spa makers that I would stay away from and 2 of the biggest to avoid IMO are Thermospas & Cal Spas. I don't think you want to try again with Thermo after already seeing why Cal has a less than great reputation. I would definitely look to cancel. They always say you can't and will say something like "its already being built" or have some other excuse. Tell them Bulls### (and hopefully you paid with CC), you've changed your mind. I don't doubt you have a neighbor that likes their Thermo. Heck, there are many Cal owners who have had good luck with theirs. The problem is the % of people who have had problems AND the reputation of those few have for not backing their product well.

Thanks

Rob

If the salesman had you thinking they were a top notch brand then he is good at what he does but that doesn't make it true. There are many excellent spa brands out there. There are also some large spa makers that I would stay away from and 2 of the biggest to avoid IMO are Thermospas & Cal Spas. I don't think you want to try again with Thermo after already seeing why Cal has a less than great reputation. I would definitely look to cancel. They always say you can't and will say something like "its already being built" or have some other excuse. Tell them Bulls### (and hopefully you paid with CC), you've changed your mind. I don't doubt you have a neighbor that likes their Thermo. Heck, there are many Cal owners who have had good luck with theirs. The problem is the % of people who have had problems AND the reputation of those few have for not backing their product well.

I agree with Spatech again on this one. I sell and service HotSpring, Tiger River, and Caldera. I don't trash other brands when people come in for comparisons, just explain the differences and point out why I think ours are better. The exception would be when someone comes in talking about Thermospa. They are rediculously overpriced, difficult to deal with for service, and not what they appear to be quality wise. The salespeople are high priced assassins and are very good at what they do. Most people who come in to my store after looking at Thermospa seem to have been brainwashed by some sort of cult.

I have a picture at work of a Thermospa that we just took back to trash after a customer purchased a new HotSpring...I'll post it later. Wait until you see what happened to their "Insulation".

Thanks guys, This is not what I wanted to hear, still going to give it some thought before I start to make the aggrevating phone calls. I thought a hotub was supposed to relax me all the Calspa and now this thermospa (befor I even get it) are stressing me out.

I was hoping to see memebers tell me they arent as bad as these forums portray.

Thanks again

Rob

Thanks again

Rob

The few I have seen were on their way to the landfill - after giving much greif to the owners. Sorry.

Even if you get one which functions for you, it is generally overpriced for what you are getting, at least in my opinion.

B)

Thanks again

Rob

The few I have seen were on their way to the landfill - after giving much greif to the owners. Sorry.

Even if you get one which functions for you, it is generally overpriced for what you are getting, at least in my opinion.

B)

Bummer If I still get it (Now thinking I am going to stop the order) I got the condord gold package 75 jets for 10 grand delivered tax included. No special feature like lights and stereo because I never used them on the calspa. Its using a thermozone and titanium heater. Does it sound like I over paid? I paid a little less for the cal spa 6 years but it had about 20 less jets.

I think they stated off at 17+ grand and gave me 6100 in discounts which came to about 11600. I said I will think about it. Called the rep a couple of days later and told him I will not do it but would for 10,000 out the door. He got back with me a couple of hours later and said deal. Did I get taken by my own doing??? Did I over pay??

Thanks Again

Streesed out now Rob

Thanks again

Rob

B)

Bummer If I still get it (Now thinking I am going to stop the order) I got the condord gold package 75 jets for 10 grand delivered tax included. No special feature like lights and stereo because I never used them on the calspa. Its using a thermozone and titanium heater. Does it sound like I over paid? I paid a little less for the cal spa 6 years but it had about 20 less jets.

I think they stated off at 17+ grand and gave me 6100 in discounts which came to about 11600. I said I will think about it. Called the rep a couple of days later and told him I will not do it but would for 10,000 out the door. He got back with me a couple of hours later and said deal. Did I get taken by my own doing??? Did I over pay??

Thanks Again

Streesed out now Rob

I don't know where you are located but I would guess you DEFINITELY overpaid. Look at some of the prices I got for various good quality hot tubs.

Hot Springs Vista: 9800

Hot Springs Envoy: 8900

Caldera Tahitian: 8800

Arctic Tundra Legend Extreme: 10200

These prices are before tax but include all the usual, delivery, steps, cover lifter, chemicals, etc.

Cancel your order.

Another thing don't be fooled by more jets = better performance. I sat in tubs that had 40+ jets (like the Vista) that performed better than some tubs that had over 60 jets.

Thanks Again

Streesed out now Rob

It is STANDARD practice for Thermo to start at a ridiculous price like $17k and then make you a "special" deal for FAR less. They often pull some scam by saying someone canceled on an order and they’re willing to sell it to you for a once in a lifetime price but whatever their reasoning for you getting this “deal” you're still paying very big $$ for a questionable quality spa that does not come with local service.

The longer you wait the more hassle they'll give you on canceling. Don’t feel bad, many get suckered by their sniper salespeople. If it were just that they were expensive that would be one thing but the fact that the quality and service are not there makes this a 3 strikes proposition. I know canceling may be a hassle but you're asking for a repeat of the problems you already went through but at a costlier rate.

• 3 weeks later...
What did you end up going with?

Against many people on this forum I am going to go through with the purchace of the thermo spa.

Dont berate me I thought long and hard and spent many hours reseaching. I consulted with my neighbor again who has a 5 year old thermospa and really took a good look at it (inside and out) and it is in really good shape.

I no that they have a bad record and am taking a chance. But I am going to take a chance and hope I get a tub like my neighbors who never had an issue.

I am getting it delivered Saturday and will keep you all posted And I hope I am not saying I should have listened to this forum in my future post.

Thanks for listening and wish me luck sounds like I may need it.

I am getting it delivered Saturday and will keep you all posted And I hope I am not saying I should have listened to this forum in my future post.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes over time. What did you get and what did you pay if you don't mid me asking?

Good luck. Let us know how it goes over time. What did you get and what did you pay if you don't mid me asking?

I bought the concord elite gold package 75 jets titanium heater and blower Bubbling system and thermozone they call it. I paid 10000. tax and delvery was included. The lowest the rep said he could go is 11600. But I threw the 10000 out thinking they would say no way but he got back with me a couple of hours later and said they could sell it to me for that price. Hopefully the tub wont give me to much trouble.

Good luck!! I am sure it will be great for you. I just got one. It is a used 2003 Manhattan and I have to honestly say so far I am extremely happy with Thermospas. The service people have been absolutely terrific. They have been responsive via email, and on the phone the hold time is quick. I also think the spa is very well made and just really awesome.

I had one minor glitch which they walked me through and now no more problems. I can't figure out why so many people do not like this spa.

My thought is buying a spa from a dealer, if the dealer goes out of business or you have a falling out with them you are screwed. With Tspas you have the support of a large company who seems anxious to help. I don't think you will be sorry. Please let us know how it goes and goods luck.

Sorry do not mean to offend you. If I did I appologize especially if you are a spa dealer.

I was mearly trying to give RLGOLD88 some piece of mind.

There are amazing dealers out there as well.

There are great dealers out there, good dealers, so-so dealers and less than great ones. Often, the better the manufacturer the better the dealer but that is certainly not always true either. Its just difficult to read that dealing with T-Spas is somehow better than getting a premium spa with a local dealer there for you (and still having the backup opportunity to call the manufacturer as you are having to do). Their business model of selling for very high prices but not being there to service you locally just doesn't add up for me. I also don't have a great opinion of their quality (though that doesn't mean all will fail, just too many) or for their follow through on honoring their warranty (calling them for advice on your used spa and calling them to get your spa fixed under warranty are not the same).

I SINCERELY hope that both you and rlgold have positive experiences with your spas.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I have had the Thermospa for 3 weeks now and so far I am extremely happy with it. I can honestly say that its built better then the cal spa I had. And looks alot easier to work on hopefully I wont have to do much of that. I actually have a relaxation feeling after use. I never had this feeling with the cal spa because something always broke down on it even in the first week I mean day I owned the cal spa. I guesse with the calspa I was always worring about what the next problem will be. So far with the thermo spa I am actually looking forward to relaxing in it when I get home from work. So I hope this feeling continues as I know thermospas arent ranked that good on this forum.

I will continue to update if problems (hope not) should arise.