Clearwater Ultra-sage 9100

Marcin

Spa User Guy,

I wasn't really directing everything toward you and I wasn't referring to anything about spas in my last post. I don't even have my 9100 yet (it will be delivered on Sat.), so it's really difficult to say whether or not I like it 100%. I can't really defend my purchase until I've had a chance to get it running.

I was only referring to the back and forth bickering that was going on. It's nothing personal towards you or anybody else. I've only been here a few days and I've seen too many people arguing that "mine is better than yours." Generally, it's from people who sell the damned things. Of course there's going to be bias. <_<

I made a somewhat educated decision. This was my first spa purchase and I have no experience with chemicals and who makes a better brand of this part versus that part. In the world of spa purchases, it's every man for himself. Just check this forum. It's more a matter of preference than anything else. I don't have a preference. I've never owned one before.

I didn't wet test my spa before I bought it. They were the only Clearwater dealer in town and there's no way they were going to fill it with water just to demo it. That' too much of an investment for them. I also have a $20,000 surround sound system that I didn't get to hear before I purchased it. But, I knew from their reputation and their applications, that I was going to be getting a very good quality purchase. I haven't looked back and have been happy ever since.

You did say you bought a 9100 ultra did you not?

Yes. I did buy the 9100 Ultra.

Did you research your spa much before you bought it or did ya just get lucky?

I researched a little and got lucky a lot I guess. Plus, I know how to deal with salespeople's BS.

If so I can't imagine how you could feel good about mis-information being passed on about it in this forum. If you know something is untrue about what someone says in here you have a right to let other readers know when BS is spewed so that unsuspecting others are not mis-informed. If you would have read this guy's post and believed him, you wouldn't have bought your spa. For you to not stand up for what you bought is hard to understand unless you are unhappy with it.

I don't know if what he is saying is mis-information or not. Like I said, I'm new to this game. I hope he's wrong, but I'm not one to speak in absolutes unless I know something to be unequivocally true. Generally, you can tell when people are being sincere or when they're full of it because they have a vendetta.

Hey Spa User Guy, I do think this post got out of hand. We can all get along no matter what spa we like, as long as we are all soaking it is all good.

Just so you know, Geloy is used in jets by a couple of companies. Incoloy 800 is the standard heater sheath alloy and it is not bad, but Incoloy 825 alloy is a little different and much, much more chemical resistant. The reasons most companies will use some of these things is simple, cost. You add Viton seals, geloy and an 825 heater to a spa it does not add to the appearance of a spa one bit, but it will add around $200 to the price to manufacture the spa. The consumer will only see the benefits years down the road.

I do not sell spas I only fix them.

Hey Spa User Guy, I do think this post got out of hand. We can all get along no matter what spa we like, as long as we are all soaking it is all good.

Just so you know, Geloy is used in jets by a couple of companies. Incoloy 800 is the standard heater sheath alloy and it is not bad, but Incoloy 825 alloy is a little different and much, much more chemical resistant. The reasons most companies will use some of these things is simple, cost. You add Viton seals, geloy and an 825 heater to a spa it does not add to the appearance of a spa one bit, but it will add around $200 to the price to manufacture the spa. The consumer will only see the benefits years down the road.

I do not sell spas I only fix them.

Yes we can all certainly appreciate a good hot soak, that is one thing people in here never disagree on.

Seriously now, out of curiousity which spa manufacturers currently use these components you mentioned? Does any single spa manufacturer include all these state of the art features?

I called:

Sundance

Hot Springs

D-1

Marquis Spas

Jacuzzi

Out of all of them only Marquis uses Geloy, 825 heater, Viton seals, Low-E wrap. The Viton seals and 825 heater (some call them Platinum) are pretty standard with the better manufacturers. The Geloy and the Low E wrap is the only anomaly.

I think all the brands I mentioned are good brands.