Clearwater Ultra-sage 9100

Marcin

I can get a used 6 months Clearwater Ultra-Sage 9100 for $6K. What do you think, is it a good deal? Seller says he paid over $10K for it...

How much does it cost new?

With my budget $6K can I get something better new?

Thanks

6K is a good price for an Ultrasage 9100... especially at 6 months. One thing I would check up on if you are looking into any used spa is the chemical care system it has on it and find out what they have done to care for the water. I personally would not get any spa of any kind if it has been neglected. You may want to check out your local Clearwater dealer to see what is available new and what the differences would be for you and if those differences are worth it. You should be able to get a new spa for 6K from your dealer but I would be very suprised if you could get that spafor that price new. It will help to be able to share what options are on it also. If he paid over 10K for it... it should have some cool "bling bling" of some sort. Some slightly used spas for sale by owners can be amazing deals. The cost of a new 9100 varies. It depends on what the local dealer is offering it for. Over a few years I've seen it range from below 8K and up depending on what options were chosen. That lounge in particular gives a really nice leg massage. If you are looking for a "family tub" with lots of space for children, another model may fit your needs better as this one is meant more for adult therapy. I give it a thumbs up if the design is what you are looking for and the spa is in good condition.

Thank you Amanda all the info was really helpful. I hope I am going to love that spa because I think I am going to decide today.

Here is all the info about the spa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shell Material:

Acrylic with Microban, Impact Resistant Thermoplastic, all backed with Acrylobond

Exterior Skirting Material:

Clear Western Coastal Cedar

Insulation Material:

Reflective Thermal Barrier

Jets:

100% separate control for each, Directional and rotating jets that are interchangeable

Options:

Digital Lighting, ADL Lighting, Genesis, Circ Pump, fiber optics, Dolphin remote control, ozone

Do you still think it is a good deal?

You mantioned that I should check "chemical care system". How do I check it and where is it located on the spa? I am reading spa manual available online and am trying to find it...

Thank you in advance,

Marcin

That is a really good price for the options that it has on it and the spa is built very well. What I mean by checking the chemical care system is finding out how it has been taken care of. Some people think that a sanitizing system is going to do everything for them and they don't have to do anything to take care of the water. This can lead to neglect. The Genesis system (salt :D ) is my personal favorite. See if you can chat with the person that was in charge of taking care of the water and see if they will share with you exactly what they did. I do not believe the warranty is transferable to a new owner. I hope this helps!

What is that Genesis salt system?

Could you point me to some online resource...

Thanks

www.PioneerH20.com

It's awesome. I happen to be very sensitive to chemicals. The first time I encountered a salt system was back around 1990-ish on the swimteam in highschool. One of the schools had a salt sanitizing system in their pool(my favorite place to swim). It makes the water actually feel GOOD and you don't have to wash off the nasty chemical smell, doesn't bleach your bathingsuit or hair, doesn't dry out your skin- can't say enough good about it really. Spas have had salt systems for YEARS. The salt is not corrosive as the Parts Per Million (PPM) is at acceptably low levels. There is no cure-all for a completely maintenance free system but it is waaaaay less work then ANY other system I am aware of at this time. I put a salt sanitizing system on my pool at my last house. Worth every penny in my opinion.

www.PioneerH20.com

It's awesome. I happen to be very sensitive to chemicals. The first time I encountered a salt system was back around 1990-ish on the swimteam in highschool. One of the schools had a salt sanitizing system in their pool(my favorite place to swim). It makes the water actually feel GOOD and you don't have to wash off the nasty chemical smell, doesn't bleach your bathingsuit or hair, doesn't dry out your skin- can't say enough good about it really. Spas have had salt systems for YEARS. The salt is not corrosive as the Parts Per Million (PPM) is at acceptably low levels. There is no cure-all for a completely maintenance free system but it is waaaaay less work then ANY other system I am aware of at this time. I put a salt sanitizing system on my pool at my last house. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Amanda I tried the link but it does not work or the name is no longer correct. I found a bromine generator by the name of Genesis on hot tub essentials. Is it the same thing?

Amanda I tried the link but it does not work or the name is no longer correct. I found a bromine generator by the name of Genesis on hot tub essentials. Is it the same thing?

http://www.spapurification.com

Sorry, this is the link. There is also another topic you may be interested in in this forum regarding hte genesis system. Check out the title: "salt generator, would this work for a spa? Why or why not?"

And yes, the site you found describes the same thing. I think the information is better on the website from the genesis manufacturer spapurification.com. There are a lot of information available there.

http://www.spapurification.com

Sorry, this is the link. There is also another topic you may be interested in in this forum regarding hte genesis system. Check out the title: "salt generator, would this work for a spa? Why or why not?"

And yes, the site you found describes the same thing. I think the information is better on the website from the genesis manufacturer spapurification.com. There are a lot of information available there.

I'd highly recommend you save the money you might spend on this on just go with a tried and true chlorine or Nature 2 system. Saves money and you'll avoid a costly unit with a ?able life to it.

I'd highly recommend you save the money you might spend on this on just go with a tried and true chlorine or Nature 2 system. Saves money and you'll avoid a costly unit with a ?able life to it.

The system has a five year uncondition warranty provided by the manufacturer and supported by the company. The "?able life" is a long one. Even if the warranty is not transferable, the life expectancy must be long if they would warranty it for five years. Every time I have dealt with the pioneer company (not often) they have been extremely helpful, courteous, professional, and quick to help with easy to understand explainations. I used to feel the ozonator was the best thing available. Chlorine is tried and true and just about everybody knows about it. For someone who desires a lesser maintenance routine and has sensitivity to chemicals (like myself) it is preferable. Besides, even if you are purchasing one of these units, the upfront cost is more but the longer you own your spa, the more money you save in avoiding the cost of chlorine and water changes let alone the time involved.

The system has a five year uncondition warranty provided by the manufacturer and supported by the company. The "?able life" is a long one. Even if the warranty is not transferable, the life expectancy must be long if they would warranty it for five years. Every time I have dealt with the pioneer company (not often) they have been extremely helpful, courteous, professional, and quick to help with easy to understand explainations. I used to feel the ozonator was the best thing available. Chlorine is tried and true and just about everybody knows about it. For someone who desires a lesser maintenance routine and has sensitivity to chemicals (like myself) it is preferable. Besides, even if you are purchasing one of these units, the upfront cost is more but the longer you own your spa, the more money you save in avoiding the cost of chlorine and water changes let alone the time involved.

We apprarantly have differeing views on this which is perfectly fine. I have indirect expereince with bromine generators and have heard about this genesis unit as well and the feedback I have is less than stellar. Even if I'd had better feedback relative to reliability, I just don't see the cost justification compared to simple chlorine with ozone and maybe a nature II cartridge. I have many friends/collegues in the spa industry and to a person almost all of us just use chlorine w/ or w/out the Nature II (kind of like the old saying, eat where the truckers eat) and a few of us have expereince with these generators so it's not like we're ignoring some new idea. To each his/her own.

Spatech, I'm sure we can agree to dissagree regarding this issue. :wub:

I think a lot of our opinions are formed by what we have had experience with. The times that I have heard the most challenging stories with a genesis system is when a spa user has gone from one store to another and spoken to many different people about caring for their water. Some stores that do not offer the genesis program will give the standard advice for a bromine system and more often than not, in a case like this, the water will be messed up somehow. My advice for folks that have this system... stick with getting information from a store that sells it and is familiar with its operation. If there are any challenges... the website (above) has a service section that people can call for advice.

• 6 months later...

Hi Gang,

Sorry to bring up an old thread (especially when people are agreeing to dissagree. :D) This is my first post here.

I just bought a brand new Clearwater UltraSage 9100 myself off of the show room floor (although it's never had water in it) for $7K. This thing has it all. CD/FM Radio, Full Lighting, Ozonator, Genesis, wireless universal remote control (will also control other items that receive infra red like an external TV). It's also got that shell that is really thick and only comes in white. It's not the acrylic, but I'm not sure of the name.

Just wondering if you think I got a good deal or not.

Installation happens a week from tomorrow.

Hi Gang,

Sorry to bring up an old thread (especially when people are agreeing to dissagree. :D) This is my first post here.

I just bought a brand new Clearwater UltraSage 9100 myself off of the show room floor (although it's never had water in it) for $7K. This thing has it all. CD/FM Radio, Full Lighting, Ozonator, Genesis, wireless universal remote control (will also control other items that receive infra red like an external TV). It's also got that shell that is really thick and only comes in white. It's not the acrylic, but I'm not sure of the name.

Just wondering if you think I got a good deal or not.

Installation happens a week from tomorrow.

You got a great spa and an unbelievable deal. I paid more for mine last year, but I have the acrylic shell. Had it for 11 months and so far it has been fantastic. Time will tell if it will hold out on the long run but so far I am extremely pleased.

Clearwater is one the worst spas every manufactured. They are built for flash but if you pop the hood it will scare you. I would not let my mother in law have one.

I am service tech and speaking from experience.

I am not saying you will have problems but odds are you will.

I am gonna have to call complete BS on your post regarding Clearwater spas. I have "popped" the hood and on the contrary they are quite well built and have one of the thickest shells manufactured and quality components throughout. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Describe what you feel are dificiencies with the spa instead of making generalized negative statements that are totally unfounded? What do you service........ septic tanks? Just wondering because you are full of it.

I am gonna have to call complete BS on your post regarding Clearwater spas. I have "popped" the hood and on the contrary they are quite well built and have one of the thickest shells manufactured and quality components throughout. You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Describe what you feel are dificiencies with the spa instead of making generalized negative statements that are totally unfounded? What do you service........ septic tanks? Just wondering because you are full of it.

I have worked on over 60 brands of spas and from your remarks I can only surmise that you either sell those spas or work for the company. The thickest shell gave you away, go an grab the lip of that brand and spa and look and fell how thin and how it bends. Quality cost so you you put your money towards all the flash and the spas are still cheaper than true quality spas, guess where they cut corners.

No Geloy jets

No Viton Seals

No Incoloy 825 heater

No fiberglass backed shells

Shall I continue?

I think is admirable that you are defending your product, but I was only giving my thoughts about Clearwater. Maybe I was a little harsh with my words. My intent was not to offend.

I have worked on over 60 brands of spas and from your remarks I can only surmise that you either sell those spas or work for the company. The thickest shell gave you away, go an grab the lip of that brand and spa and look and fell how thin and how it bends. Quality cost so you you put your money towards all the flash and the spas are still cheaper than true quality spas, guess where they cut corners.

No Geloy jets

No Viton Seals

No Incoloy 825 heater

No fiberglass backed shells

Shall I continue?

I think is admirable that you are defending your product, but I was only giving my thoughts about Clearwater. Maybe I was a little harsh with my words. My intent was not to offend.

FYI I own a Clearwater spa and do not sell them. I don't have to defend the brand. I am just not one to stand back and let some one bash a product with mis-leading information . You must be confusing Clearwater with a less expensive brand because you or a gorilla cannot bend or flex the edge of my Ultra 9100, it may have the thickest fiberglass backed shell in the industry. I have heard of Geloy shells used on Great Lakes spas, never heard of a Geloy Jet. There again maybe you are confused. If they make them (don't think they do) what makes them better? Incoloy 825 Heater made by Gecko...no Clearwater uses a Balboa Stainless steel heater which is a tried and proven to be a quality component. I assume you sell another brand that is fitted with GE, Dupont and Gecko components rather than AO Smith, and Balboa. You sound more like a salesman with your sales buzz words than a repairman. I appreciate your attempt to backup your comments, but come back with some real facts and information rather than spout out some other spa specifications or brand name buzzwords and insinuate that they are better. Regardless of your opinion Clearwater does build a quality spa with quality brand name components.

I am referring to the Clearwater spas made in Seattle, maybe there is another. Do not get so worked up, you like them and I do not.

FYI:Stainless steel heaters are only used in residential hot water heaters. The stainless steel Balboa is referring to is the heater housing not the heater.

Geloy is an additive put in material to make it U.V. resistant.

I am referring to the Clearwater spas made in Seattle, maybe there is another. Do not get so worked up, you like them and I do not.

FYI:Stainless steel heaters are only used in residential hot water heaters. The stainless steel Balboa is referring to is the heater housing not the heater.

Geloy is an additive put in material to make it U.V. resistant.

The Balboa M-7 Heater uses stainless steel housing with a incoloy element, that is probably as good as it gets my friend. I am aware of what Geloy is are you? It is used as material in spa shells not jets like you indicated. I understand that you don't like Clearwater spas, that is fine. If you are going to talk smack about something at least get your facts straight. What brand spa do you sell anyway?

Listen guys, no offense, but I didn't join this forum to read bitter sales/service people complain about what other's have purchased. I didn't buy the brand you like or sell. Get over it. :angry:

What a bunch of sissys! You sound like the kids over in the Playstation vs. X-Box 360 forums. :blink:

This would be a much better forum if dealers and their employees weren't allowed to post. And if they are, they should be required to identify themselves with the spas in which they sell/service.

Listen guys, no offense, but I didn't join this forum to read bitter sales/service people complain about what other's have purchased. I didn't buy the brand you like or sell. Get over it. :angry:

What a bunch of sissys! You sound like the kids over in the Playstation vs. X-Box 360 forums. :blink:

This would be a much better forum if dealers and their employees weren't allowed to post. And if they are, they should be required to identify themselves with the spas in which they sell/service.

Chet you make no sense with your post. Sissys huh?? Strange comment by you in this situation. I didn't know anyone still used that term sissys. Must be from a bygone era. You did say you bought a 9100 ultra did you not? Did you research your spa much before you bought it or did ya just get lucky? If so I can't imagine how you could feel good about mis-information being passed on about it in this forum. If you know something is untrue about what someone says in here you have a right to let other readers know when BS is spewed so that unsuspecting others are not mis-informed. If you would have read this guy's post and believed him, you wouldn't have bought your spa. For you to not stand up for what you bought is hard to understand unless you are unhappy with it.