Enzyme Treatments

I am trying to find a better answer for my tub. I seem to have a reaction to MPS. I am going to try The Natural Hot Tub Co. Enzyme Water Treatment.

Please advise. Does it work as stated?

The Natural is one of the more popular enzyme products. You can find some extensive information at www.rhtubs.com. You can also purchase the product there. In the past there were some posters on that forum who were long time users of The Natural and loved the results.

Hi there . . . brand new to the forum . . .

I am wondering about this natural stuff as well. We've had the tub for about two months, and it seems like we are always itchy and my eyes have even been bothering me more than usual. We've been using bromide in a float, but even with it shut way down, there is always a very strong chemical smell. I'd be willing to pay more if the natural stuff worked and kept the water safe.

I think there is definitely a learning curve to keeping the tub healthy, but it is confusing to have all the chemicals in balance and still break out with the itch. I think I'm willing to try the natural hot tub system and if it don't work, or even seems like the water isn't healthy, I will continue looking. After reading the testimonials and calling the company, the product is a suppliment because you still need to shock, test for ph and ak balances and don't forget probably the most important step of cleaning your filter at least once a week depending on useage. So, the sytem is still a system in that you care for it almost daily. The difference being that your eliminating the chemicals that are causing the skin irritations. I have always enjoyed hot tubs and so to purchase a new tub and not be able to enjoy it......is so dissapointing. I envisioned being able to sit in it often and enjoy the benefit of my deck and the view....but now I'm scared of the tub and that is not what I had expected.

This site talks alot about going to bleach....to eliminate the chemicals....which is probably cheaper. But for the simple ease and benefit of the clean, clear water that the enzymes produce....this system is much simpler. Has anyone on this board used an enzyme product and still had the itch? I would like to know....if that is the case. From what I understand....it is close to 100% of a cure.

Here is the system I'm looking at.....

http://www.rhtubs.com/natural-hot-tub.htm

When we got our spa we started with bromide and did not like the effects on skin so switched to enzyme and loved it for first six months. We were on our second round when we started getting a bacteria of some kind so guy at spa shop had me start using small amounts of chlorine but we still get a yucky residue. We have been struggling with enzyme for a year and I have finally given up. I have ordered the Taylor K-2006 test kit which has been highly recommended on this forum and am switching to chlorine with managing the alkalinity and ph more accurately.