Limelight Spas Website Is Up

Chas

Hot Springs has been getting a great response with the new Limelight launch. They have spent thousands of dollars and a year of researching before launching this line. This is also the first time in eight years a dealer launched a new line of spas!

Jim- do you dislike all spas but your own? There are many many great dealers and spas out there and Hot Spring is definitely not the only one, but I have never heard of your brand....????....

I have all three on my showroom floor.

Have had for a few weeks.

B)

Where are you located?

Nevermind.... I see you're in Ventura. I might have to come take a look.

I sat in the flair today and it actually seemed to fit me relatively nice- its just a hair to big at 7x7. I'm 6'7" and I am having trouble finding a spa I can fit in and also fit in the space I need it to fit in (on a deck). The Glow looks like it might work although I see that it is only 33" deep as opposed to the Flair which is 36". Since you have these in your store would you be able to tell me if the seating in the Glow might fit me even though it is only 33" deep. If all else fails I'm going to have to go with the Sorrento.... I fit and the size is right.

Thanks so much!

Hi!

Almost all hot springs spas are made to where the water lever should sit around your collar bone. The glow is a shorter spa, but the seats are closer to the ground making in the same depth as the flair. I think that statement rings true with almost all spas. I know a guy who owns a jetsetter and he is 6'3 and he said he the water line hit him around the collar bone. Hope this helps!

Happy Soaking!

Does anyone of you actually own a LimeLight Pulse and are not a dealer? I'm in a toss up over the Vangaurd or the Pulse. Any concrete suggestions based on experience would be helpful.

The Pulse just came out - so if you do find an owner (as in, one person who has owned one spa) they will have owned it for a very short time. I don't sell over the net, just about all the dealers you find on this forum are the same. I have 22 years living with and selling thousands of spas - from HotSpring and a few others.

It's your call of course, but you might want to go ahead and talk to us dealers at this point ;)

B)

Does anyone of you actually own a LimeLight Pulse and are not a dealer? I'm in a toss up over the Vangaurd or the Pulse. Any concrete suggestions based on experience would be helpful.

I actually bought the Pulse and its been here 3 -4 weeks. Love the light show (wish the loop was a little slower even on the slowest mode).

Tub has been great so far...

They have, however had trouble figuring the icast and wireless stereo on it. They brough the unit which consisted of a JBL amp, four speakers (no sub as suggested earlier). They used an adpater on th emain board to hook it into - and the IQ remote (cant recall the model). They can not get music to show up on the menu - on the remote or the main control. They have been here 3 times so far swapping stuff out...maybe some other dealer out there has the solution. Maybe they have the wrong remote or main control or something...

Sorry if I or other HS dealers made it sound as if the Limelight was a low-priced tub, or if it was a second sister to the HS line. It is not. Yes, it costs less to set up the largest Limelight spa with sound compared to a Grandee or Vista, and yes, some folks who sell against it might try to make it out to be a low-end product, but as you have posted yourself - it has the goods.

The stereo is the same as the one on the Hot Spot tubs - I have one on my La Palma on display, and it sounds very very good. It has a sub woofer in the cabinet, and four speakers up on the bar top. They are fixed in place - they do not pop up or have moving parts in that regard, but they do not stick up and interfere with the cover. They really sound good - I am looking into putting some in my boat.

You could also put the 'Moonlight' system just about any Watkins spa. It has two flip-up speakers which can be mounted in a variety of locations, so that you can use them with the lid of the spa open or closed.

By all means get the Icast - it is the way to go. No deck, and you can run an Ipod or other sound source of your choice.

B)

Have you attempted to get the new limelight wireless icast sound system to work? Mine will not be recognized by the 2020 remote or main panel. can not control my ipod, etc. just plays at one volume level. They are scratching their heads here - guess its different than the hot springs??

Sorry if I or other HS dealers made it sound as if the Limelight was a low-priced tub, or if it was a second sister to the HS line. It is not. Yes, it costs less to set up the largest Limelight spa with sound compared to a Grandee or Vista, and yes, some folks who sell against it might try to make it out to be a low-end product, but as you have posted yourself - it has the goods.

The stereo is the same as the one on the Hot Spot tubs - I have one on my La Palma on display, and it sounds very very good. It has a sub woofer in the cabinet, and four speakers up on the bar top. They are fixed in place - they do not pop up or have moving parts in that regard, but they do not stick up and interfere with the cover. They really sound good - I am looking into putting some in my boat.

You could also put the 'Moonlight' system just about any Watkins spa. It has two flip-up speakers which can be mounted in a variety of locations, so that you can use them with the lid of the spa open or closed.

By all means get the Icast - it is the way to go. No deck, and you can run an Ipod or other sound source of your choice.

B)

Have you attempted to get the new limelight wireless icast sound system to work? Mine will not be recognized by the 2020 remote or main panel. can not control my ipod, etc. just plays at one volume level. They are scratching their heads here - guess its different than the hot springs??

OOPS - I goofed. :( I posted that the Limelight stereo has a subwoofer in the cabinet. I was wrong! I sit corrected.

I sure sounds like it does, but it does not. Sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

I will now go and sit in the corner.

Of my spa.

That is all...

B)

• 1 month later...

My Limelight Icast still has problems...Plays 15 seconds or so of a song from the ipod and then skips to the next song. Bought another Ipod and its not the ipod. The icast trasnmitter is within 5 feet of the Tub - same level - no other electronics near it. Any suggestions on setup - etc? The remote does recognize the system - but that took them 5 house calls to figure out how to wire it to do so. Obviously something is wrong - anyone else have a Limelight with Icast wireless sound? Just want to get the $1500 option to work!

J

• 5 months later...

My wife and I are looking at the Pulse and the Hawaiian, we are in the 7-8k range. The warranty scares me a little on the pulse, and it's hard to sift through rants and facts in these forums. JimtheJim seems to have a lot of experience, but I can't tell if his reply to the limelight brand is based on facts and research or just personal vendettas against companies making strides during recessions? So. can someone answer this question? Is Limelight a brand worth buying? How does it compare to Caldera tubs like the Hawaiian? We have yet to wet test, and this could rule out one or both of these, but I don't want to fall in love with a POS tub that is going to have me sol in a few years.

• 7 months later...

'Jim_The_Jim'

What do you base your claims on...? It sounds to me like you want to speak in generalities, I would definititely say that when it comes to bashing other manufacturers, that is not a good idea and is likely not appreciated..! I would add that the D1 Spas @ Home Series spas are and will continue to be one of the many high quality, beautiful and reasonably priced spa on the market. Don't you think that if your business is spas, it makes sense to make them available in all price categories. I work in technical support deparment at D1 Spas, and I would like to inform you that we take very few calls related the @Home products and we consider them to be nearly bullet proof. So in closing, I would ask what is your whole point of your baseless rant..?

PS. I know this is an "OLD POST" but the same applies...!

Every time there is a recession, hot tub companies come out with "new models" that are lower in quality, but high in price. It is the corporate way to try and stay in business...

Interesting premise. I haven't been in the industry during a prior recession. I would think that expanding your product line to include new models that are lower in price makes sense as it offers people an affordable alternative. When times improve, people will trade up.

...it leaves a wake of dissatisfied customers as these products fail to perform well.

Might be a bit premature to say as far as the topic spas are concerned. Is there any historical evidence for this conclusion?

Early Tiger River, for example. They were a low end product when they came out and had a lot of problems. The 700 series of Sundance with shells that fell apart and weak pumps and jets. The Echo Series of Jacuzzi. The Calderas that showed up at Costco back in 96. The D1 home spas that were junky. The Marquis copies of Hot Spring.

Shall I go on? When Hot Spring started removing the Stay rite pumps, so did Sundance.

So much of the quality of the past is gone, because of a reduced market and people actually believing that selling poor quality is the way to save their company.

It is a bad business policy, because it causes consumers problems when they try to buy what they can afford and it breaks down. I guess it is the "American Way" of business.

Back in 1991 there was a huge recession in CA and less across the country.

The smart thing to do is to remove features and keep the quality high. If you reduce the size of the pumps HP, don't reduce the size of the quality. Use less expensive controls that have the same components running the pumps.

I have been looking at Chinese Spas. Guess what, guys? They are coming on very strong. I have been getting detailed photos from the factories over there. Their problem right now is that they are putting too much on them. Most all the models have pop up TV, and sound with lights and you can call you spa from your cell phone (the Chinese make most of the computer parts, so...). Still about half the cost of a US built spa with a crap, ABS/acrylic, shell. These spas have acrylic with fiberglass and friggin stainless steel frames. All this hot tub "stuff" is about to undergo a huge transformation. Unless this "free trade" agreement is changed soon, we will all be shipping parts and Spas from China, because they are smart and are agressive in manufacturing.

When it comes to spas, if you are ignorant about hot tubs and spas, then you will get taken. The odds are against you if you are lazy and don't do the research. Even the Chinese have better products than this Hot Spring stamped out plastic stuffed with foam and lots of worhtless tiny bullet jets. Are people that stupid? Yes! People in this country fall for the corporate BS every day, like it is some sort of security blanket, while they rip you off with deception. Give yourself a break and go read about spas on the net. Read all that you can find, and then go shopping with some knowledge.

http://www.soundclick.com/havenhead

'Jim_The_Jim'

What do you base your claims on...?

So in closing, I would ask what is your whole point of your baseless rant..?

LOL, Jim has no point, he just rambles on; he likes to hear himself type.

While he has basically given up on conquering the spa world he has turned his attention to becoming the next big thing in the world of music and after listening to his soundtrack you can obviously see that the sky is the limit as he is a musical genius like few others before him.

'Jim_The_Jim'

What do you base your claims on...?

So in closing, I would ask what is your whole point of your baseless rant..?

LOL, Jim has no point, he just rambles on; he likes to hear himself type.

While he has basically given up on conquering the spa world he has turned his attention to becoming the next big thing in the world of music and after listening to his soundtrack you can obviously see that the sky is the limit as he is a musical genius like few others before him.

Oh well not everyone can be a "Rockstar" or a tycoon, he'll have to get over it sometime.