Another Green Water ?

ckone0814

Long story as short as I can; had older tub refurbished with new pumps, heater, ozonator, control, etc. two months ago. Filled tub with water and started up using Nature2 and chlorine per N2 instructions. Things were fine for 3-4 weeks and we used the tub several times/week. Some landscaping at the house prevented us from using for the last 2 weeks and now the water is clear but has a green tinge - it also smells a little "funny" but not real bad. I shocked weekly and threw tsp of Oxy shock in every other day during that period. Testing via strips seems OK. I have had to add about 40-50 gals of water (relatively high mineral well) since startup which I think is a lot. I also have to add that the timing of the green water seems to coincide with a new cover that is much better in quality and fitting, than the old one.

Since the tub was rebuilt, I thought I had the control system set to filter 4 hrs 2 X a day but I now know that wasn't happening. I called the local dealer/service and they know virtually nothing about the control system they installed since they just started using it themselves (red flag huh?) and the written instructions stink. They had the manufacturer call me and he told me the system is designed to filter 5 mins every few hours and while heating and that 4 hours X 2 = 8 hrs is "way too much" for a system with ozonator. I've been overriding the system for the last few days and forcing about 9 hours of filtering a day but the water doesn't look any better yet.

I'm not sure what my specific questions are but ALL help, advice, comments are more than welcome.

Long story as short as I can; had older tub refurbished with new pumps, heater, ozonator, control, etc. two months ago. Filled tub with water and started up using Nature2 and chlorine per N2 instructions. Things were fine for 3-4 weeks and we used the tub several times/week. Some landscaping at the house prevented us from using for the last 2 weeks and now the water is clear but has a green tinge - it also smells a little "funny" but not real bad. I shocked weekly and threw tsp of Oxy shock in every other day during that period. Testing via strips seems OK. I have had to add about 40-50 gals of water (relatively high mineral well) since startup which I think is a lot. I also have to add that the timing of the green water seems to coincide with a new cover that is much better in quality and fitting, than the old one.

Since the tub was rebuilt, I thought I had the control system set to filter 4 hrs 2 X a day but I now know that wasn't happening. I called the local dealer/service and they know virtually nothing about the control system they installed since they just started using it themselves (red flag huh?) and the written instructions stink. They had the manufacturer call me and he told me the system is designed to filter 5 mins every few hours and while heating and that 4 hours X 2 = 8 hrs is "way too much" for a system with ozonator. I've been overriding the system for the last few days and forcing about 9 hours of filtering a day but the water doesn't look any better yet.

I'm not sure what my specific questions are but ALL help, advice, comments are more than welcome.

my guess is the water changed to the green tint after you added shock to your pool. having extremely hrd water here we recomend people to filter out the metals (iron copper) from there wter prior to shocking. Test your water for metals and remove as instructed. The other components IMO are not the factor. Good luck