New Spa With Spa Frog - What Else Do I Need?

ed3120

I just ordered a new spa (Emerald Spa M570) with an inline Spa Frog System and an ozonator.

Besides the Spa Frog bromine and mineral cartridges, what else do I need to do? I did some searching, but I haven't found a clear maintenance plan for those who use the Spa Frog system.

I assume I need a test kit...can you recommend one? How often should I test the water?

Do I need to add any other chemicals like shock?

I just ordered a new spa (Emerald Spa M570) with an inline Spa Frog System and an ozonator.

Besides the Spa Frog bromine and mineral cartridges, what else do I need to do? I did some searching, but I haven't found a clear maintenance plan for those who use the Spa Frog system.

I assume I need a test kit...can you recommend one? How often should I test the water?

You will need a good test kit, PH and ALK adjusters. Depending on the water you start the tub with, you may need calcium Hardness and you will need shock. Non chlorine(MPS) is usually best. If you search in the water chemistry section of this forum, you may find some helpful information. When you first get the tub, you will be testing frequently. After awhile you will learn what you tub and your use does to effect the water and it will become easier. When you get the tub it should come with some paperwork to help with the explantion of the frog system. If you purchased from a dealer they should be able to help you also. You can also go to the frogs website, they have manuals ect. Its kingstechnology.com I think. Just google spa frog and it comes up.

• 5 months later...

You will need a good test kit, PH and ALK adjusters. Depending on the water you start the tub with, you may need calcium Hardness and you will need shock. Non chlorine(MPS) is usually best. If you search in the water chemistry section of this forum, you may find some helpful information. When you first get the tub, you will be testing frequently. After awhile you will learn what you tub and your use does to effect the water and it will become easier. When you get the tub it should come with some paperwork to help with the explantion of the frog system. If you purchased from a dealer they should be able to help you also. You can also go to the frogs website, they have manuals ect. Its kingstechnology.com I think. Just google spa frog and it comes up.

I am somewhat new to the spa, years with a pool and was given the Frog floating kit. I have an ozinator so is it really necessary or can I just add bromine or chlorine as needed and if so, how often might you suggest? I have the Nordic XL with 425 gallons.

PFamily

The website is actually: www.kingtechnology.com