Water In Tub With No Chemicals - Ok For A Few Days?

waterboy

Our tub was delivered friday and the elecrician will hook it up tomorrow. The dealer will not be bringing the sodium bromide for the salt water system for 2 or 3 days. My question is:

Is it OK to fill it tomorrow so we can turn the spa on to make sure the electrical is OK? It will be plain old water for a few days and we will not be soaking in it. The power will also be off after the test.

Our tub was delivered friday and the elecrician will hook it up tomorrow. The dealer will not be bringing the sodium bromide for the salt water system for 2 or 3 days. My question is:

Is it OK to fill it tomorrow so we can turn the spa on to make sure the electrical is OK? It will be plain old water for a few days and we will not be soaking in it. The power will also be off after the test.

I was hoping someone else would answer this. Having water unsanitized for a few days doesn't cause any harm so long as no one enters the tub and does not drink the water. If the water is later shocked with a sanitizer, that will kill anything that grew in it during the previous days. Sanitizers kill bacteria quickly in seconds to minutes but the high sanitizer levels need to drop to get closer to normal before entering the tub.

If the tub water is exposed to light, then there is a small possibility of developing algae growth so keeping the tub covered as much as possible will help prevent that. Since your fill water is likely to be chlorinated, the possibility of such growth is probably very small.

Richard

Thanks for your response. That is what I thought. Pathfinder sent me a PM advising that the pacific dealers like to be there at the start up to do a sequence of diagnostics and make sure everthing is OK.

Our dealer did advise us that he wants to be there, probably to add the personal touch. We are just anxious as the tub is in our back yard now.

We have waited this long and the wife is off Monday and Tueday so we will wait to turn on the power and fill the tub until the dealer comes to do the initial fill for us and explain everything.