Decrease Temp When Not In Use?

nownow

Newbie here :huh:

We've just purchased a Coleman 471. It'll be here Sunday with electrician coming Wed (darn holiday). One question coming to mind. My father-in-law has a spa, and he drops the temp from 101 to about 97 or so when not in use (it's a Coleman, too...I think he puts it on "econ" mode). This seems like a great idea, but makes for a 30 minute wait whenever you want to go hop in.

- Is this temp decrease really saving much money? I'm assuming we'll use the tub once a day to once every other, so is this worth doing?

- Has anybody tried both and assessed how much of a difference there is in electric consumption?

- Is this something everyone does that I just didn't realize?

Thanks in advance!

J.

We've just purchased a Coleman 471. It'll be here Sunday with electrician coming Wed (darn holiday). One question coming to mind. My father-in-law has a spa, and he drops the temp from 101 to about 97 or so when not in use (it's a Coleman, too...I think he puts it on "econ" mode). This seems like a great idea, but makes for a 30 minute wait whenever you want to go hop in.

- Is this temp decrease really saving much money? I'm assuming we'll use the tub once a day to once every other, so is this worth doing?

- Has anybody tried both and assessed how much of a difference there is in electric consumption?

Thanks in advance!

J.

I did just as your father-in-law suggests when I first got mine. I have since decided to leave it in the normal heat mode set at 100 F (because I didn't like waiting for it to heat up) and haven't really seen a noticable increase in my electric bill. I have a Clearwater which is similar to the Coleman's insulation.

I did just as your father-in-law suggests when I first got mine. I have since decided to leave it in the normal heat mode set at 100 F (because I didn't like waiting for it to heat up) and haven't really seen a noticable increase in my electric bill. I have a Clearwater which is similar to the Coleman's insulation.

Seems a "heater timing program" would be nice. If they can control filtering on a timer then why not heating as well?

Thanks in advance!

J.

Thanks in advance!

J.