Tiger River Caspian Vs. Caldera Geneva

Aaron H

After looking at several hot tubs and doing a lot of wet testing, we have narrowed down our search to the Tiger River Caspian and the Caldera Geneva. After wet testing a lot of hot tubs, I am amazed at how many of them aren't designed well for taller people (I'm 6' 4").

Both the Caspian and the Geneva felt really comfortable to us so we're having a hard time deciding between the 2. The dealers for both are really good and the prices are pretty comparable for leftover 2007's. The Geneva is marked down to $6,999 (with 0% financing for 18 months) and the Caspian was marked down to $7,100. The 0% financing isn't really a deal breaker for us but if we went with the Geneva, we'd probably go with the financing since it's "free money" per se.

Does anyone have any opinions of which would be better to get? Does anyone had experiences with both of these models? We're basically looking for something that is reliable, energy efficient (as possible in a spa), and is comfortable to relax in.

Any thoughts, opinions, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron

After looking at several hot tubs and doing a lot of wet testing, we have narrowed down our search to the Tiger River Caspian and the Caldera Geneva. After wet testing a lot of hot tubs, I am amazed at how many of them aren't designed well for taller people (I'm 6' 4").

Both the Caspian and the Geneva felt really comfortable to us so we're having a hard time deciding between the 2. The dealers for both are really good and the prices are pretty comparable for leftover 2007's. The Geneva is marked down to $6,999 (with 0% financing for 18 months) and the Caspian was marked down to $7,100. The 0% financing isn't really a deal breaker for us but if we went with the Geneva, we'd probably go with the financing since it's "free money" per se.

Does anyone have any opinions of which would be better to get? Does anyone had experiences with both of these models? We're basically looking for something that is reliable, energy efficient (as possible in a spa), and is comfortable to relax in.

Thanks!

Aaron

Some dealers knock off a bit for floor models and others really want to move them and deal. The Geneva is marked down about $2k less than the prices quoted on this site so that sounds like a really good deal.

Thanks!

Aaron

Some dealers knock off a bit for floor models and others really want to move them and deal. The Geneva is marked down about $2k less than the prices quoted on this site so that sounds like a really good deal.

Depends if one has features that you want or need. Ourselves, we went with the Tiger River because we didn't (and still don't) want all the gadgets & things. Our tub normally only gets run for the cleaning cycles because we prefer to just soak in the hot water.

Unless you are resolved to buy a fiberglass hottub, maybe look into the round wood hottubs, which are better suited for taller folks (or ones that don't want all the gizmos) some of them are availablein 4 5 & 6 Foot deep... Wahoo!

Good Luck & let us know what you decide!

Depends if one has features that you want or need. Ourselves, we went with the Tiger River because we didn't (and still don't) want all the gadgets & things. Our tub normally only gets run for the cleaning cycles because we prefer to just soak in the hot water.

I'm with you in not needing a lot of features and have always thought $ for $ the Caspian is one of the best buys in the Watkins family. However, the pricing on that floor model Geneva is crazy low so I don't belive its a reflection on your tub of choice if somone thinks the Geneva is the way to go on this one.

I guess it's safe to say that Canadians pay a lot more then Americans. A local dealer who is the only dealer in my city wants $10,500 for a Geneva.

That dealer must be really looking to move that spa since its a floor model. It typically sells over $9k, much closer to the $10.5k you're talking about though your price may be a reflection on Canadian pricing to some degree.

We looked at the hot tubs again today and definitely like the jets a little better on the Geneva. Does anyone know if there is much difference in the electrical usage between that and the Caspian. I know I've heard plenty of people say that the Caspian uses very little energy but haven't seen too many responses here concerning the Geneva.

We looked at the hot tubs again today and definitely like the jets a little better on the Geneva. Does anyone know if there is much difference in the electrical usage between that and the Caspian. I know I've heard plenty of people say that the Caspian uses very little energy but haven't seen too many responses here concerning the Geneva.

I have an 07 Geneva. I can't sit here and ramble on about the exact kWh's that it uses since I don't have meter hooked up to the circuit. And since my power rates are certainly different than yours I can't talk hard dollers. But I can say it's been suprisingly cheap to operate the 8-9 months I've had it. My bill is barely different than it used to be, however I've done some CFL swap outs, been more concious of energy consumption, etc, etc.

Just when I think I have it figured out, the Hot Springs place is throwing in a moonlight spa music system that has a supposed value of around $1500. Is this system pretty decent? So now I have a Geneva for $6999 and a Caspian with the music system for $7110 although it sounds like the CD ozone system is an extra $475 if I want that in the Caspian.

Just when I think I have it figured out, the Hot Springs place is throwing in a moonlight spa music system that has a supposed value of around $1500. Is this system pretty decent? So now I have a Geneva for $6999 and a Caspian with the music system for $7110 although it sounds like the CD ozone system is an extra $475 if I want that in the Caspian.

That Geneva is an awesome price!

Thanks!

Aaron

My husband and I are both fairly tall at 6'3" and 5'11" respectively with a teenage son that is also 6'3". We had a hard time finding the right fit and with extra seats to fit the younger tweens in the family. We did try the Caspian and it wasn't too bad. We ended up with a Marquis Euphoria which had the best feel, was deep enough and has great feeling jets. I don't know if there is a Marquis dealer in your area but we got a great deal on a floor model at $7,000 out the door including the 8.8% tax here in WA. It was also the upgraded model...only missing the stereo and lights. Good luck on your search.