Help From Baquaspa Veterans

nacra55uni

Just got our new Hotspring Grandee last weekend. Had to fill with softened water but bropught hardenss up and in general, the chemistry seems fine. Ph is at 7.6, hardness about 300, alkalinity about 130. Been adding Baqua Oxidizer, Waterline and Sanitizer as directed.

Only issue: A light brown goo forms around the sides of the tub. I have been removing it with a pool skimmer which is easy enough.

I'm curious if this "goo" is normal or if I have some combination of the Baqua system out of whack. There is no info in any literature on the effects of too much of one of the chemicals or what is normal as far as forma tion of solids in the tub.

My daughters do have a tenancy to submerge completely inb the tub which probebly puts all their hair products right in the tub.

Thanks for any input.

The brown goo is completely normal and means you baqua product is working exactly like it should. everything with baqua in front of it means that it acts primarily as a coagulant, encapsulating impurities in a gooey substance so that the filter can catch them better. This leads to tons of garbage trapped in sticky stuff caught in your filter. With prolonged use, baqua products also have a tendency to cause all kinds of problems with your water. Also, it's expensive.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions from here :-)

The brown goo is completely normal and means you baqua product is working exactly like it should. everything with baqua in front of it means that it acts primarily as a coagulant, encapsulating impurities in a gooey substance so that the filter can catch them better. This leads to tons of garbage trapped in sticky stuff caught in your filter. With prolonged use, baqua products also have a tendency to cause all kinds of problems with your water. Also, it's expensive.

I'll let you draw your own conclusions from here :-)

FWIW, I've been using baquaspa for almost 2 years now. Initially we did get some of the brown goo, which some people refer to as peanut butter. But as we continued to be vigilant about levels, the amount of the brown goo rapidly disappeared...all told, within a couple of months. So for now, I have crystal clear water that is easy to maintain and fun and safe to be in. Of course, I fear the dreaded white mold, but we don't have any kids who are actively using it and we wash and rinse off before going in and I'm convinced that's part of the reason we have been so successful with BaquaSpa.

• 4 weeks later...

Two years-plus and still enjoying BaquaSpa. Early on the brown goo was an issue but not anymore.

No kids in our tub either. We use "city" water for our tub. We religiously shower before tubbing. We're frugal with the Sanitizer. We dose the tub every Saturday morning with Oxidizer (BaquaSpa's version of shock). We keep a foam sponge floating when we're not in the tub that I suspect picks up what little brown goo materializes.