No Circ Pump - Electricity Usage And Water Quality

Porter

This weekend I plan to check out some Artersian and Marquis spas.

Today I am looking at Marquis tubs and I see they do not have a circ pump like many of the other brands. How does this affect energy usage and water cleanliness?

Marquis says the larger pump runs cooler and more efficiently than than the smaller circ pumps. Plus it only runs for a short period of time.

Is the filtering adquate with this method? Marquis says the larger pump filters the same amount of water in a much shorter time. Seems to me that the chemical treatment and sanitizing is more important than filtering anyway. Almost all of the spas I've seen appear to have more than adequate filtering. Clearly some are better than others.

Maybe managing this sort of system is a little more hassle with setting the times and such.

Marquis seems to be a well regarded brand, so I am still interested in checking them out.

Fit and comfort are still the most important things for me right now.

Today I am looking at Marquis tubs and I see they do not have a circ pump like many of the other brands. How does this affect energy usage and water cleanliness?

Marquis says the larger pump runs cooler and more efficiently than than the smaller circ pumps. Plus it only runs for a short period of time.

Is the filtering adquate with this method? Marquis says the larger pump filters the same amount of water in a much shorter time. Seems to me that the chemical treatment and sanitizing is more important than filtering anyway. Almost all of the spas I've seen appear to have more than adequate filtering. Clearly some are better than others.

Maybe managing this sort of system is a little more hassle with setting the times and such.

Marquis seems to be a well regarded brand, so I am still interested in checking them out.

Not a fan of circ pumps, Be careful some marquis have circ pumps.

Both methods of filtration are adequet to a well rounded sanitation system. Stick with a quality brand and either type will be fine.