Green Tint & Odor To Water

HotTubbin

My husband and I got our hot tub about 3 months ago, so we are still working on figuring out everything.

Recently, we have started to have a slight green tint to our water, and sometimes there is a not nice odor. The water is not cloudy--we can still see the bubble design on the bottom of the tub. Also, when we tested our water yesterday, the CYA level was as high as our testing strip would go. We found this very surprising because that has been at the "perfect" level previously.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? What can we do to fix these problems?

Thank you!!

My husband and I got our hot tub about 3 months ago, so we are still working on figuring out everything.

Recently, we have started to have a slight green tint to our water, and sometimes there is a not nice odor. The water is not cloudy--we can still see the bubble design on the bottom of the tub. Also, when we tested our water yesterday, the CYA level was as high as our testing strip would go. We found this very surprising because that has been at the "perfect" level previously.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? What can we do to fix these problems?

Thank you!!

If you've gone 3 months on your first water fill, then it's definately time for a water change. Your cya levels will rise every time that you add dichlor or any other stabilized chlorine to your spa. I won't get into the whole debate about wether that's a problem or not. That's like talking politics and religion, everyone will never agree on that one. Are you using dichlor to sanitize your spa or do you just shock with it? What is your maintenance routine? At this point, your water is getting old and it's saturated. If you've kept your water up until now, you've done really great for a new spa owner. Give us a little info. on your water care routine so that people can help more. BTW, green could be from metal in the water or low sanitizer levels.