Georgia Fiberglass Pools

GQBoys

:huh:

I live just west of Atlanta and I am shopping for a fiberglass pool. I've been sent info on Viking Pools, Aloha, San Juan and Tallman. The licensing requirements out here are scarce to say the least. I've have been doing internet research but I think its time I hear from actual pool owners who have already experienced my future dealings. I need any advise, suggestion, comment - good or bad, I want to hear it all. I know nothing about pool pumps, cleaners etc - they are trying to sell me everything under the sun. What do I really need, and what brands stand behind their product? I am here - lay it on me, the good the bad and the ugly.

Thanks in advance for all the input.

• 3 weeks later...

I live just west of Atlanta and I am shopping for a fiberglass pool. I've been sent info on Viking Pools, Aloha, San Juan and Tallman. The licensing requirements out here are scarce to say the least. I've have been doing internet research but I think its time I hear from actual pool owners who have already experienced my future dealings. I need any advise, suggestion, comment - good or bad, I want to hear it all. I know nothing about pool pumps, cleaners etc - they are trying to sell me everything under the sun. What do I really need, and what brands stand behind their product? I am here - lay it on me, the good the bad and the ugly.

I'd also check out http://www.fiberglasspools.com/....Trilogy Pools. I spoke with one of their reps and if I had to do it all over again, I'd give them a serious look. I didn't know about them until after my install.

I went with Tallman. The thing I liked about them was they manufacture and install their own pools(no finger pointing if something goes wrong). However, the only thing I could say is I regret subbing out the concrete decking to someone other than Tallman. I wanted something just a little nicer than what Tallman offered, so Tallman recommended a local concrete guy. I won't mention the biz name here, because we're still working on resolving a few issues.

Let me know if you want to see the finished product some time. I live just south of Atlanta.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you checked out Sun Pools www.sunpools.com 800-764-7946

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get the answers that you requested? I am located near Six Flags and am looking to pools as well. If you made a decision or have learned anything would please share your thoughts. I have contacted some pool companies (gunite, vinyl). I haven't gotten any luck finding or hearing back from any fiberglass companies yet.

I think my interest has been more towards fiberglass pools due to the price and appearance of low maintenance. I have been given a good big on a gunite for about 46k, but that's about 16+k out of our range since our house is only worth about 180k. I have emailed tallman and will contact sunpools and trilogy and any Others you guys suggest.

I thought I wanted a dark blue stained/colored pool, but after reading sunpools brochure... they state that's not a good idea..

WHO KNOWS?

All info from others will be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever get the answers that you requested? I am located near Six Flags and am looking to pools as well. If you made a decision or have learned anything would please share your thoughts. I have contacted some pool companies (gunite, vinyl). I haven't gotten any luck finding or hearing back from any fiberglass companies yet.

I think my interest has been more towards fiberglass pools due to the price and appearance of low maintenance. I have been given a good big on a gunite for about 46k, but that's about 16+k out of our range since our house is only worth about 180k. I have emailed tallman and will contact sunpools and trilogy and any Others you guys suggest.

I thought I wanted a dark blue stained/colored pool, but after reading sunpools brochure... they state that's not a good idea..

WHO KNOWS?

All info from others will be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry i messed up my last post. I'm still learning about the forum. I'm responding to questions about Tallman. We recently purchased a house with a Tallman fiberglass pool installed in about 1994 we think. The pool has some problems. Original blue gel coat is faded and has some hairline cracks (no leaking). Previous owner attempted to paint it with ordinary acrylic paint, so we need to sand and re- gel coat it. There are no repair people in our area to do this and we are scared to attempt it. The Tallman company was very supportive, but had no contractors to recommend in my area. They do, however, have service people near the Atlanta area. Conclusion: fiberglass has held up great, blue gel coat has faded (the lady at Tallman said this was not uncommon and they now only manufacture white), customer service would probably great if you lived in Atlanta are. (FYI the local Leisure pool company would install new pool but offers no repair services.) My advise: make sure they do house calls!

I posted this in another section, but saw that you were from Atlanta. . . .so I copied and pasted it here for you to read too. . .

All I can say. . .and I can't say it enough--go with the Trilogy Pool!

We live in the Atlanta area. My husband Rod & I contracted with a pool company that carried Viking and installed a Viking Pool. Within a month, the surface finish started getting all bumpy under the water. Evidently this is common(or so we found out later).

Called the pool builder. They said it was a manufacturers defect. Called Viking. They sent someone out to look at it. Then said it was a "natural occurrence" in the finish and said it wasn't covered under their warranty. Had an attorney look over the warranty & sure enough--it was written out of the warranty!!!

Anyway, hubby & I couldn't stand the pool--hated it & the finish got worse through the summer!! So. . . .believe it or not, we sold the Viking Pool on Ebay to someone in South Georgia.

We looked around at other companies--lots of fiberglass pool companies. One even manufactures pools in Georgia. They just didn't have the quality we were looking for. Then we found a builder that carried Trilogy Pools. Wow! What amazing people. The management, the support staff and the builder ALL helped us re-install a Trilogy Pool. We were even able to get a little bigger pool into the same space. . .thanks to their help.

The day the Viking Pool was craned out was the day the Trilogy Pool was craned in. My husband and I couldn't have been happier.

And that was 6 years ago THIS MONTH! Hard to believe!

Last year we had a new roof put on our house. The company trashed our pool. It had a nick in one part from where they dropped the nail gun. 5 years after we had the pool installed, believe it or not. . .Trilogy came out and repaired that pool. And didn't charge us anything either! It wasn't even their fault!

Anyway. . .we are fans for life. If you are interested, please feel free to email me your telephone number or email me and I will give you mine. I know sometimes these things sound too good to be true. . . .Trilogy is a great company. I have no doubt they'll be around for a long time(if they treat everyone the way they treated us!)

• 2 months later...
I posted this in another section, but saw that you were from Atlanta. . . .so I copied and pasted it here for you to read too. . .

All I can say. . .and I can't say it enough--go with the Trilogy Pool!

We live in the Atlanta area. My husband Rod & I contracted with a pool company that carried Viking and installed a Viking Pool. Within a month, the surface finish started getting all bumpy under the water. Evidently this is common(or so we found out later).

Called the pool builder. They said it was a manufacturers defect. Called Viking. They sent someone out to look at it. Then said it was a "natural occurrence" in the finish and said it wasn't covered under their warranty. Had an attorney look over the warranty & sure enough--it was written out of the warranty!!!

Anyway, hubby & I couldn't stand the pool--hated it & the finish got worse through the summer!! So. . . .believe it or not, we sold the Viking Pool on Ebay to someone in South Georgia.

We looked around at other companies--lots of fiberglass pool companies. One even manufactures pools in Georgia. They just didn't have the quality we were looking for. Then we found a builder that carried Trilogy Pools. Wow! What amazing people. The management, the support staff and the builder ALL helped us re-install a Trilogy Pool. We were even able to get a little bigger pool into the same space. . .thanks to their help.

The day the Viking Pool was craned out was the day the Trilogy Pool was craned in. My husband and I couldn't have been happier.

And that was 6 years ago THIS MONTH! Hard to believe!

Last year we had a new roof put on our house. The company trashed our pool. It had a nick in one part from where they dropped the nail gun. 5 years after we had the pool installed, believe it or not. . .Trilogy came out and repaired that pool. And didn't charge us anything either! It wasn't even their fault!

Anyway. . .we are fans for life. If you are interested, please feel free to email me your telephone number or email me and I will give you mine. I know sometimes these things sound too good to be true. . . .Trilogy is a great company. I have no doubt they'll be around for a long time(if they treat everyone the way they treated us!)

Glad to hear it. Wish I heard of Trilogy earlier. I went with the other 'Georgia' manufacturer. While I'm now ok with my pool, I wish I would have went with Trilogy. I forgot her name, (Michelle maybe?)from Trilogy, but she was VERY helpful and knowledgeable with my questions.

If I had to do it all over again, I'd give Trilogy a VERY close look.

• 3 weeks later...

We have sold Viking pools and I can tell you as a dealer who has installed over 400 Viking/CPC pools that they have gone completely downhill. The Viking pools we were receiving were showing up with cracks in the gel coat and they convinced us to put two of the cracked pools in, assuring us that they could be fixed, when all was said and done the Viking pools looked terrible with the patch jobs that Viking did. Not only that, but we have three cracked Viking/CPC fiberglass pools in the ground right now that we cannot get Viking to give us a date on repairing. Look to Leisure pools or Blue Hawaiian, both make very good pools.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey if your still looking for a pool, we install barrier reef pools. We are Florida based and hands down these are the best pools. We can do as much or as little work. I am familiar with the Atlanta area(used to live in Kennesaw) check out our website @ fiberglasspooldoctor.com

• 1 month later...

I am also looking in metro Atlanta for a Trilogy Pool installer. I called Trilogy and they forwarded my info to an installer however after researching them on kudzu.com they have only 3 reviews, 2 of which are negative. Has anyone had any luck with an excellent Trilogy pool contractor?

thanks in advance!

I am a dealer of Trilogy and San Juan Fiberglass Pools. We have been installing San Juan pools for about 20 years and Trilogy pools for about 2 years. I am in Tennessee and we chose Trilogy because we loved the solid surface, it is a great pool. San Juan is a great pool they are the innovator of fiberglass pools never had any problems with them. I would stay away from Sun Pools, they are very thin. We were actually going to become a dealer and I went to an open house at one of my distributors and I had about 3 builders tell me stay away.