Used D1 California Or Marquis Reward

swayze

A local dealer has these 2 tubs for sale for the same price. The marquis is a 2003 and looks in great shape. Has had no work done to it and has 8 months of warranty left. The D1 is a '99 that looks to be in great shape, has a new cover, new head unit and lower unit board (this is due to a freeze up and stupidity by the previous owner), one new main pump, and he has changed out all the jets to new ones.

So which do you guys think would be a better tub? I am leaning towards the D1 because it has a circ pump as well as the 2 main pumps, it supposedly has a better water managemnet system, and looks to be a bigger and deeper tub. Also most things on it are new. The dealer is a D1 and marquis dealer if it makes a difference.

They're both good tubs. I'd vote for the Marquis for 2 reasons -- 4 years newer and still under warranty. If you get it to your house and set up, if there are any issues, you can get them fixed then without having to pay. As to the circ pumps, read some of the threads on this site. There are arguments for and against circ pumps. As to being deeper, don't let exterior dimensions fool you. If you can, sit in both tubs. I've wet tested D1 and Marquis and don't recall one feeling any deeper than the other.