In-ground Spa Jets

I AM BUILDING A CONCRETE POOL AND SPA, I AM A PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR NOT A POOL PLUMBER. WE ARE INSTALLING JETS AT 6 LOCATIONS, BUT CURRENTLY THEY ARE AT THE SAME HEIGHT IN RELATION TO THE SEAT. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF I SHOULD VARY THE LOCATIONS TO HIT THE UPPER AND LOWER BACK LOCATION? ALSO WE HAVE INSTALLED THE JET TEES FOR PENTAIR AND I AM DEBATING ON WETHER TO TEAR THEM OUT AND GO TO WATERWAY. ARE THEY THAT MUCH BETTER THEN THE REST. ONCE ITS DONE AM I GOING TO REGRET NOT RELOCATING THE JETS. THANK YOU

I like waterway better than pentair for spa jets. They are making some now that are a 4 jet manifold that would supply one person, 2 on upper back and 2 on lower. I havent seen them in use yet, they are pretty new but it will probably be the standard before too long. I wouldn't tear out the pentair ones only to put in basic waterways either and usually all the jets in a gunite spa are at the same level, the seat height will sometimes be manipulated, but it is pretty rare.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the waterway jets better as well, but it may not be worth it to tear anything out.

As for varying height of the jets, I try to stay away from varying more than just slightly. It seems that if you vary the height much, some of the jets will get much better air flow than others. I would contour the bench instead of moving the jet.