Pump Not Activating On Low Speed When Heater Turns On

tjsparky

I have a Calspa Avalon A826L and I am having a problem with my spa going into “HH” mode (overheat). The spa is not turning on the low speed pump when the heater comes on. After a few minutes the “HH” code appears. I can press the jets button which will manually turn on the low speed pump and high speed pump as long as I press it before the HH code appears.

The spa will continue to heat after the jet button is pressed. However, when the jet cycle is done, the heater will start again and will get an HH code because the pump is not on to move that generated hot water. So basically the pump does not turn on with the heater unless I manually turn it on?

I have also replaced the temp sensors, and heater and this spa has no flow or pressure switch that I am aware of. I have also tried opening the pump union suction side to get any air that maybe trapped.It also uses one of GE's dually pumps.

Please help.... Thanks!