Replacing Gaskets On Jets?

mudrider

i have an old hot tub (89 polyesian) and it hasnt been used in a few years. i was looking at the jets and noticed the gaskets seems to be cracked and dried out. where can i get the replacement gaskets or can i just use a good silicone to fix it. i dont know what kind of jets they are or even how to take them out. can someone give me some useful advise?? thanks!!

Since nobody is offering up their expert opinion, I will give mine. I suggest that you replace the gaskets. What you will need to do is remove all of the jets, make sure that they are all the same size and take them to the nearest pool supply store with a parts department. Silicone will eventually leak and to make sure that your hot tub lasts that much longer, gaskets are the way to go! GL

ok i hope there are some pool stores around cuz i've been seeing them disappearing a lot over the winter due to bankrupty and poor economy. maybe the hardware store may have them?? or maybe i can make some using pieces of rubber?? i just have to figure out how to take the jets out.

i have an old hot tub (89 polyesian) and it hasnt been used in a few years. i was looking at the jets and noticed the gaskets seems to be cracked and dried out. where can i get the replacement gaskets or can i just use a good silicone to fix it. i dont know what kind of jets they are or even how to take them out. can someone give me some useful advise?? thanks!!

Congrats on keeping such an old unit in working order. I would just use silicone.