Hs Envoy One Month Old

psminn

Hi,

So far, we're happy with our choice. The jets/configuration has been interesting. There are so many different combos, depending on which way the main dials are turned and which button (Jets1 or Jets2) are pushed. It does take some time to learn. Our installers said, "just get in and start turning stuff". But I digress. Here are a couple of questions:

1. How do I know the ozonator is working?

2. Should the inside the spa controller panel be all faded and bubbly looking? (It's not shiny, it looks like the surface is wearing off)

3. Can the music system be added after the fact?

4. Does anyone just add a cup of bleach, instead of measuring granular chlorine?

I guess that's all for now. Thanks for any help. Eventually I'll call the dealer, I guess. But they haven't been all that helpful.

Here are a couple of questions:

Bubbles should come up from the bottom, and there should be an ozone smell. If the bubbles slow or stop, it means that the filters need cleaned.

2. Should the inside the spa controller panel be all faded and bubbly looking? (It's not shiny, it looks like the surface is wearing off)

No. Go look at the ones on the showroom floor, and if yours is different, ask for a service call under warranty.

3. Can the music system be added after the fact? Yes.

4. Does anyone just add a cup of bleach, instead of measuring granular chlorine?

Yes, people do that. I don't recommend it because the bleach has inert gunk in it, and beacuse the pH is close to 13 so you have to add "Spa Down" all the time. If you want to save money and time, just toss in some "Dichlor" after each use. It works the same as liquid bleach, cost just a little more, but has a more neutral pH.

I guess that's all for now. Whoa! There is one more thing - you are due for a water change. Shut off the breakers, drain it down, don't worry about getting it all, just most, refill and power up. Balance, add dichlor, and enjoy nice clean water which will suddenly be much easier to take care of. This is a one-time change which I recommend to all my customers at the end of the first month of ownership.

B)

Here are a couple of questions:

Bubbles should come up from the bottom, and there should be an ozone smell. If the bubbles slow or stop, it means that the filters need cleaned.

I don't know what ozone smells like, but there are bubbles.

No. Go look at the ones on the showroom floor, and if yours is different, ask for a service call under warranty.

OK, thanks, I will.

3. Can the music system be added after the fact? Yes.

Any idea how much this would cost?

Yes, people do that. I don't recommend it because the bleach has inert gunk in it, and beacuse the pH is close to 13 so you have to add "Spa Down" all the time. If you want to save money and time, just toss in some "Dichlor" after each use. It works the same as liquid bleach, cost just a little more, but has a more neutral pH.

Is "dichlor" similar to or the same as the granulated chlorine I'm using now?

I guess that's all for now. Whoa! There is one more thing - you are due for a water change. Shut off the breakers, drain it down, don't worry about getting it all, just most, refill and power up. Balance, add dichlor, and enjoy nice clean water which will suddenly be much easier to take care of. This is a one-time change which I recommend to all my customers at the end of the first month of ownership.

WOW, my dealer didn't mention this at all!

B)

WOW, my dealer didn't mention this at all!

Well, yes. Quite right. It is to be expected. But - now you know, and your dealer still doesn't. With knowledge comes responsibility. We expect you to spread this new-found knowledge as best you can. (It really works).

Welcome to the club - please keep your hands and arms inside the car at all times, and remain seated until the ride comes to a complete and total stop. Your smileage may vary.

B)