Finally Bought A Hot Tub! (sundance Chelsee)

DirkPitt

We finally decided on a Sundance tub and take delivery Thursday.

We had an old tub and it has since been hauled away. What is left is a plastic tube with 4 wires hanging out.

Can someone suggest how best I should wire up the new tub? I have Sundances "pre-delivery guide" that I believe shows me how to hook up the 4 wires to the control box. Unlike my old tub, the wires won't be underneath the spa, but will go through on the side of the spa.

Specifically, I'm also wondering how to plug the hole in the cement around the wires so that it is sealed (there's some water in there already from the rain), and what type of rubber tubing to use to put the wires through as it will be exposed a little before it gets through the hole on the side of the tub.

Do you think I'll need an electrician or, since I'm semi handy, will it be easy enough to accomplish this on my own?

Here are a couple photos to help you see what I'm workin with:

tub1.jpg

and

tub2.jpg

thanks in advance for any suggestions! I can't wait to enjoy this tub, and hopefully, by the weekend!

The people you bought it from won't hook up the tub?

As for the pipe measure the diameter. go to Lowes, and buy what you need to mate the pipe coming out of the ground to 3/4 flexible water tight conduit. If its anything like my tub yours will have an opening in the side large enough for the conduit to fit through.

We had an old tub and it has since been hauled away. What is left is a plastic tube with 4 wires hanging out.

Can someone suggest how best I should wire up the new tub? I have Sundances "pre-delivery guide" that I believe shows me how to hook up the 4 wires to the control box. Unlike my old tub, the wires won't be underneath the spa, but will go through on the side of the spa.

Specifically, I'm also wondering how to plug the hole in the cement around the wires so that it is sealed (there's some water in there already from the rain), and what type of rubber tubing to use to put the wires through as it will be exposed a little before it gets through the hole on the side of the tub.

Do you think I'll need an electrician or, since I'm semi handy, will it be easy enough to accomplish this on my own?

tub1.jpg

and

tub2.jpg

thanks in advance for any suggestions! I can't wait to enjoy this tub, and hopefully, by the weekend!

I bought it from Aqua Quip, a Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer in Lynnwood, WA. Evidently they won't actually hook it up for me, but they'll deliver and place wherever I request.

I actually called them today and they said that some people cut a hole in the bottom of the tub to place the pipe and wires through from their old tub setup. Does this sound common to anybody? I'm not sure I'm comfortable drilling holes through a new hot tub! It does sound like it would be easier though if I could seal it on the inside so that bugs etc. can't get in.

The people you bought it from won't hook up the tub?

As for the pipe measure the diameter. go to Lowes, and buy what you need to mate the pipe coming out of the ground to 3/4 flexible water tight conduit. If its anything like my tub yours will have an opening in the side large enough for the conduit to fit through.

tub1.jpg

and

tub2.jpg