Bought New Sundance Hartford--good Price?

Tdbo

As I had previously posted, we were in the market for a Hot Tub and my wife and I couldn't agree on what to get. We had looked in our local area and could not find anything that we could agree on. So I decided to start looking in a 100 mile radius by e-mail. Found a Sundance dealer 60 miles away who has about 6 2007 Sundances. After talking to him on the phone after the e-mail, I went up. Ended up buying a new in the crate 2007 Sundance Hartford (he says it lists @ $8295, but who knows?) with cover and cover lift for $5600. He waived the extended delivery fee (was going to charge $ 3.00 a mile over 25 miles, which would have cost me $210.) Ended up with no choice in the color (Twilight/Burchwood) but at this price, we'll just have to adjust. Without a doubt head and shoulders anything I looked at at or near this price point. Opinions please, how did I do?

As I had previously posted, we were in the market for a Hot Tub and my wife and I couldn't agree on what to get. We had looked in our local area and could not find anything that we could agree on. So I decided to start looking in a 100 mile radius by e-mail. Found a Sundance dealer 60 miles away who has about 6 2007 Sundances. After talking to him on the phone after the e-mail, I went up. Ended up buying a new in the crate 2007 Sundance Hartford (he says it lists @ $8295, but who knows?) with cover and cover lift for $5600. He waived the extended delivery fee (was going to charge $ 3.00 a mile over 25 miles, which would have cost me $210.) Ended up with no choice in the color (Twilight/Burchwood) but at this price, we'll just have to adjust. Without a doubt head and shoulders anything I looked at at or near this price point. Opinions please, how did I do?

It sounds like you got a good deal. I just bought a 2008 Hartford this week for $5,950 with stairs, cover lifter and chemicals. It was originally listed at 6,695. Bad news is that he was misleading you on the original value. Ours has all the bells and whistles you can get on this model. Luckily you got him down to what sounds like a real good price.

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you got a good deal. I just bought a 2008 Hartford this week for $5,950 with stairs, cover lifter and chemicals. It was originally listed at 6,695. Bad news is that he was misleading you on the original value. Ours has all the bells and whistles you can get on this model. Luckily you got him down to what sounds like a real good price.

Sounds like you both got a good deal. If you don't mind answering, where did you get such good deals? We're in Michigan and I'm not getting that deal....yet. Thanks for posting the info, it's helping me work a deal.

Sounds like you both got a good deal. If you don't mind answering, where did you get such good deals? We're in Michigan and I'm not getting that deal....yet. Thanks for posting the info, it's helping me work a deal.

Purchased at Litehouse in Mansfield, Ohio. I purchased the last Hartford in the crate--they still had the floor model.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been eyeing the Hartford as well. The sticker price is $5,999, add in the cover lifter for $200 (Normally $300 he said?) and the total price comes out to $6,600 without the steps.

I thought it was a little high considering.. but I'm having bad luck finding any information on the Net about this particular spa. I was thinking about heading back in to tell him $6,000 with lifter and stairs, tax seperate.

Thoughts?