2008 Sundance Spas - Changes

SpaBum

I am looking to get the Sundance Maxxus and have been putting it off (well, not really putting it off) while I get all my ducks in a row; electrical, pad, removing pool fence, yada yada yada.

When I was in there today (I like to go in there and drool from time to time with no real agenda), the dealer told me he was getting the '08 Maxxus and Cameo in this week. He was going to fill the Cameo so they will have a Cameo and Optima to wet test.....woohoo!

I asked him what the changes for the 08 models and he said the ONLY change was the bottom will no longer be bare wood, they will have some type of waterproof covering/shell. That was a feature I really thought was cool in the Jacuzzi.

Anyway, just though I'd share that, I'll let you know when I purchase the Maxxus, which is actually the easy part, the hard part is everything else to make it work.

I am looking to get the Sundance Maxxus and have been putting it off (well, not really putting it off) while I get all my ducks in a row; electrical, pad, removing pool fence, yada yada yada.

When I was in there today (I like to go in there and drool from time to time with no real agenda), the dealer told me he was getting the '08 Maxxus and Cameo in this week. He was going to fill the Cameo so they will have a Cameo and Optima to wet test.....woohoo!

I asked him what the changes for the 08 models and he said the ONLY change was the bottom will no longer be bare wood, they will have some type of waterproof covering/shell. That was a feature I really thought was cool in the Jacuzzi.

Anyway, just though I'd share that, I'll let you know when I purchase the Maxxus, which is actually the easy part, the hard part is everything else to make it work.

After all these years, Jacuzzi/Sundance is finally putting the Jacuzzi plastic bottom on the SD. The SD are not really bare wood. They have a hard plastic sheet attached to the bottom, but not the same as the Jacuzzi bottom.

Upon Further Review.....

My dealer got the 08 Maxxus on the floor today and I got to check it out (dry). I was also handed an 08 catalog, so I have more info. BTW, I say my dealer and I haven't even purchased from him yet.

The bottom part I was told about is not actually a shell like some others. Sundance doesn't believe in those water trays, they want you to be able to see water if there is a problem. They did however put in a "Synthetic Base & Moisture Barrier - Provides a solid foundation impervious to moisture and insects" (taken from the '08 catalog).

They also changed the hand jets found in some seats/loungers. Here is a picture that I took (did I mention this dealer is really great?):

newjet.jpg

I wet tested their Optima which has the same seats (just not as much leg room as the Maxxus) and it was great. It looks like the Maxxus may be the spa for us. I'll post my story in another thread when it is done.

Upon Further Review.....

My dealer got the 08 Maxxus on the floor today and I got to check it out (dry). I was also handed an 08 catalog, so I have more info. BTW, I say my dealer and I haven't even purchased from him yet.

The bottom part I was told about is not actually a shell like some others. Sundance doesn't believe in those water trays, they want you to be able to see water if there is a problem. They did however put in a "Synthetic Base & Moisture Barrier - Provides a solid foundation impervious to moisture and insects" (taken from the '08 catalog).

They also changed the hand jets found in some seats/loungers. Here is a picture that I took (did I mention this dealer is really great?):

newjet.jpg

I wet tested their Optima which has the same seats (just not as much leg room as the Maxxus) and it was great. It looks like the Maxxus may be the spa for us. I'll post my story in another thread when it is done.

Are these the same jets that are going to be on the Cameo too?

Upon Further Review.....

newjet.jpg

Are these the same jets that are going to be on the Cameo too?

From what I have read in my '08 catalog, yes.