Polaris 380 Stuck In Face Down Position

gregboyle

My polaris 380 was working perfectly last weekend-working overtime as I'm trying to get the winter pine needle build up removed. After emptying the silt bag for the 7th time that day it started to nose down with the wheels still spinning and tail still wagging, but it stays stationary. The trouble shooting part of the catalog suggest changing the float if it ends up on its side which happened to me last year so the float is only a year old. I pulled it off anyway to see if it was full of water, but it wasn't. Any ideas??

did water drain out of the float when you were taking it off? take the float off with the Polaris in the pool just to make sure....other than that make sure the jet on the back is around the 11 o'clock position and the wheels are spinning at the proper RPM (28-32 RPM), if its too low let me know and we can troubleshoot it further

My polaris 380 was working perfectly last weekend-working overtime as I'm trying to get the winter pine needle build up removed. After emptying the silt bag for the 7th time that day it started to nose down with the wheels still spinning and tail still wagging, but it stays stationary. The trouble shooting part of the catalog suggest changing the float if it ends up on its side which happened to me last year so the float is only a year old. I pulled it off anyway to see if it was full of water, but it wasn't. Any ideas??

It is quite probable that some of the thick pine needles or thicker branch has been caught in the wheels. It has happened to me several times. You might need to try to scoop the majority of the needles with a rake first and leave the light work to the Polaris 380.