Artsian Quote, Do You Like Artesian?

GEEGEE

We put money down on a artesian grand cayman floor model. The price was 6000.00.

We went to another store to check out the price to see if it was a deal or not but we cannot find anything comparable. Of course we we told the guy at great expectation he told us that the artesian were junk whatever you do, do not buy an artesian.

It also has the two sets with the down jet for your neck, any thoughts?

Thank you in advance, geegee

Artesians are generally considered a good spa on these boards. I have never heard a negative. Try doing a search for Artesian. If you wet tested the spa, then you should be good if it is a reputable dealer (check them out). If you have not wet tested the spa (as well as others) I would not suggest buying it until trying it and others.

We put money down on a artesian grand cayman floor model. The price was 6000.00.

We went to another store to check out the price to see if it was a deal or not but we cannot find anything comparable. Of course we we told the guy at great expectation he told us that the artesian were junk whatever you do, do not buy an artesian.

What is Great Expectation??? I have an Artesian Piper Glen. We bought it in Oct 2006 and we absolutely love it. It has exceeded our expectations and we haven't had any problems with it. I know that there are a couple of people on this board who have an Artesian in the Island series and I believe that one of them is a Grand Cayman. We researched very thoroughly before buying and consumers and dealers (not Artesian dealers) both ranked Artesian as one of the top tubs. They grouped it with Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance, D1, etc. Do a search and you will see. That price sounds like a good price to me. I suggest you wet test it if you haven't already done so to make sure it's the tub for you.

I worked for Artesian about two years ago for a year before i left to work at another dealer.

Artesian has its shares of problems (leaking of lights, wait time for parts, pump problems)

and although that caused a great amount of headaches for me, its definitly not as bad as some

other brands i have seen and/or worked on. I dont believe artesian is the best, but it isnt

the worst either.

...the guy at great expectation he told us that the artesian were junk whatever you do, do not buy an artesian.

Hi Gee Gee,

I assume that Great Expectation is a non-Artesian spa dealer. "Trash talking" the competition is unfortunately still a standard sales technique no matter what you buy. That salesman's goal is to get you to buy one of his spas, not to give you valid information to make an informed purchase.

Unless you buy a super-cheap spa, they're actually all very much alike. In fact, most brands use the same parts. If you like the features of the Artesian spa you looked at, if you were satisfied with the price, and you found it comfortable (hopefully you tried it out while it was filled, known as a "wet test"), you're all set. Get it home and enjoy it!

With most spas, you can often change which jet types go where, so don't pick one model over another simply because one has a rotator jet some place you'd rather have a pulsing jet (or no jet at all). Odds are, if you don't like a particular jet nozzle in a particular location, you can probably change it. You can also vary the amount of flow out of each jet, and that includes shutting off the flow altogether.

I've had an Artesian Ruby for about two years and have had zero problems. I still like it as much as the day I bought it. This is just one data point, but for sure Artesian is not a "junk" spa.

Craig Haggart

Sunnyvale, California

• 3 weeks later...

GEEGEE, I am actually looking at purchasing the exact same spa model, the grand cayman, but I was quoted a price of $6500. Do you know the specifics of the spa you are looking at, in regards to:

1. number of motors and motor HP

2. number of jets

3. included accessories (steps, cover, cover lifter, etc.)

Just fyi...

The one I'm looking at is...

1. two 4.8HP motors

2. 44 jets i think (maybe 48)

3. they will include the steps and cover, but say that they can't throw in the lifter. i can buy it "at cost" for $100.

Thanks for getting back to me if you can.

GEEGEE, I am actually looking at purchasing the exact same spa model, the grand cayman, but I was quoted a price of $6500. Do you know the specifics of the spa you are looking at, in regards to:

2. number of jets

Just fyi...

1. two 4.8HP motors

3. they will include the steps and cover, but say that they can't throw in the lifter. i can buy it "at cost" for $100.

1. same motor

2. 52 jets, two seats have the down neck jets

3. no steps, yes cover, no lifter, set up included.

I am in Northern Ohio...

I want to thank every one for help make my mind up, I will be soaking by the weekend.

GEEGEE

2. number of jets

Just fyi...

1. two 4.8HP motors

They have room to throw in the lifter.....I'll bet you if you go to them and tell them if they will include it they will take the deal.

I worked for Artesian about two years ago for a year before i left to work at another dealer.

Artesian has its shares of problems (leaking of lights, wait time for parts, pump problems)

and although that caused a great amount of headaches for me, its definitly not as bad as some

other brands i have seen and/or worked on. I dont believe artesian is the best, but it isnt

the worst either.

Wow, I have been selling these spas for 4 years now...we sell 300 tubs a year. I have less service calls on this brand than the other brand I sell. Yes waterway did supply them with some bad light lens that caused leaks. It was nothing to do with the manufactering of the spa. I only had 6 of the 120 + spas that I sold that had the dynabright that leaked. As far as the pumps go I have only 2 service calls for pumps. Artesian is a good spa.