Polaris Automatic Pool Cleaner Problems

Stacey

I recently bought a house with inground pool. It came with a Polaris 360 or 380 but no paperwork and it can't seem to see any distinquishing marks on the unit. It does have boost pump associated with it.

Recently I notice my polaris was getting tangled up a lot and not really doing much action. When I pulled the unit out I there was a lot of water flowing Thrust Jet area. Upon a closer look I see where the plastic post that the thrust jet screws into is broken.

So I start investigating more....

The Polaris has one hose attached to a jet in the wall. Whenever the normal filter pump is running water is flowing out of the jet. When the booster pump turns on water comes shooting out of that jet. Now this is the same jet that Polaris is plugged into. From what I have been told in order for the Polaris to be working correctly the water should be flowing into that jet and returning back to the filter.

Is that true? If so is it possible for jet to somehow swith from an in-take jet to an out-going jet?

I'm a bit confused so it you have any questions pleasae let me know.

• 3 months later...
I recently bought a house with inground pool. It came with a Polaris 360 or 380 but no paperwork and it can't seem to see any distinquishing marks on the unit. It does have boost pump associated with it.

Recently I notice my polaris was getting tangled up a lot and not really doing much action. When I pulled the unit out I there was a lot of water flowing Thrust Jet area. Upon a closer look I see where the plastic post that the thrust jet screws into is broken.

So I start investigating more....

The Polaris has one hose attached to a jet in the wall. Whenever the normal filter pump is running water is flowing out of the jet. When the booster pump turns on water comes shooting out of that jet. Now this is the same jet that Polaris is plugged into. From what I have been told in order for the Polaris to be working correctly the water should be flowing into that jet and returning back to the filter.

Is that true? If so is it possible for jet to somehow swith from an in-take jet to an out-going jet?

I'm a bit confused so it you have any questions pleasae let me know.

The polaris works on the return of the water to the pool. It works on positive pressue as opposed to a vacumn pressure. This is working correctly. Water will come out of the polaris return even if the booster pump is not on unless you put a gate valve in the line. The only problem is you MUIST have the gate valve open if you turn on the booster pump or you will blow up the polaris tube from the pump to polaris return line. If no gate valve then dont worry about this. it is working correctly. If the polaris line is getting tangled then check the swivels in the line